PDA

View Full Version : 1992 SC for sale cheap, must sell

Jim in VA
02-14-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm selling my 1992 SC to the first person who shows up with $500 cash in hand. I had this car listed before (for some reason thinking it was an '89) back in August. It was paired with my 1990 former daily driver, to be sold as a pair. I had the 2 sold, and the buyer came from out of state and bought the '90, and was supposed to return a couple of weeks later for this car, with the remainder of the money, but has since told me he can't now. I was never paid for this one, still have the title, and after numerous offers to him that I was holding it for him, he gave me his blessing to go ahead and sell it. The quick rundown on the car, is that it is a 1992 SC, auto trans, silver with grey leather interior. The car was involved in a minor crash that damaged a few areas of the body. None are extremely beat up, but many have some damage. Basically, the previous owner's son was driving in wet conditions, and got carried away with throttle leaving from a stoplight, and bounced off of a nearby guardrail a couple of times. All of the chassis components, as well as the drivetrain were undamaged, and the leather interior is in surprisingly good shape. The car is completely stock, including wheels, is 95% complete, only a few cosmetic pieces have been removed, and 1 module. I bought the car from a former SCCoA member to be used as a donor car in the restoration of my 1990 SC, but never found the time to make it happen. Though I've never ran it, I was assured that the engine runs well, and strong, but that he had removed one of the control modules under the hood, for use on another car. I have no reason to doubt him, and can find out which module it was, so any potential buyer could bring one, and a battery to verify the running condition of the engine.

If anyone is interested, please email me at jarmbrester2@gmail.com to talk about it. Though I haven't figured out myself, how to upload pictures to this site, I can send them to you upon request, or you can look at the ad I posted back in July/August. The car is currently sitting in the parking lot of my friend's body shop, in Stafford, VA. It's less than a mile off of Interstate 95, about halfway between Washington D.C. and Richmond, VA (40-50 miles from either) so not too far off the beaten path if you'd like to have a look. Price may be negotiable to a certain extent, or I may consider certain trades, but probably not another car unless it's drivable as is. The car would make an excellent parts donor, or with a decent amount of cosmetic work, could be put back on the road if you really wanted. Again if seriously interested, drop me a line, I'd be glad to entertain any offers.

Jim

Tim Groth
02-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Pictures from your prior forsale listing.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?136180-1990-and-1989-SC-s-for-sale&p=1089581#post1089581

-Tim

BirdofPrey97
02-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Jim, name your price on the GFX shipped to 50021 for the piece on the driver's side behind the door, but in front of the rear tire. I really need that piece. If I have to buy all of GFX, please let me know.

Jim in VA
03-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Jim, name your price on the GFX shipped to 50021 for the piece on the driver's side behind the door, but in front of the rear tire. I really need that piece. If I have to buy all of GFX, please let me know.

First off, thanks Tim for transferring my old pictures. I really appreciate that.

As far as selling the piece, what sounds fair to you? I'd have to look into shipping cost to say for sure what it might be worth. Sorry for the delay, been working long hours, checking email for responses, but not the website.

-Jim

Jim in VA
03-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Hey Tim, I just noticed you have a whole fleet of these! Are you sure you don't want a parts car? You're only a few hours away, and I'm willing to negotiate price pretty far if you're interested. Let me know. Thanks again for the help posting.

-Jim

Tim Groth
03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I appreciate the offer but simply have no room for another project car.

-Tim

XB-70
03-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I appreciate the offer but simply have no room for another project car.

-Tim

I have to thin out the flock too. Looks like we will be moving this summer. Household 6 says there's no way 6 SCs will be driven hundreds of miles to our new residence. :(

Cobra_Bird
03-05-2016, 09:35 AM
If it was in SouthTexas, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I miss my '90 anny. Had to trade it for a "family car" several years ago.

Jim in VA
03-13-2016, 06:57 PM
If it was in SouthTexas, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I miss my '90 anny. Had to trade it for a "family car" several years ago.

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response, been working on selling a couple old dirt bikes too, and working too much. Bird of Prey, hit me up at jarmbrester2@gmail.com I'll make you a good deal on the Gfx. I think I forgot to mention in the first ad, the car has grey leather interior in surprisingly good shape if any of you guys are interested. My goal had been to sell it in one piece, but realize too that we're all spread out, so easier said than done for some. If you're interested, just get in touch via email, I'll respond quickly that way. Thanks to all that replied!

Jim

smallcall
09-03-2016, 02:18 AM
Can u contact me if u still have this my number is 276-274-8470 thanks...