Harmonic Balancer spun?

BigTbirdcoupe

My sc has a vibration consistent with engine rpm no matter if I'm driving or in park or neutral. It's around 2000rpm -2300rpm, is the crank position sensor pickup mounted to the inner hub or outer, because the car still runs like a screamin demon just the vibration issue so if the pickup is on the outer hub then I know it hasn't spun because it still runs great. But if it's on the inner then it will still fire proper but be out of balance. If I look under the car with engine off looks like I can see some of the rubber strip missing and kinda poking out but can't really tell anyone had this problem?

Good morning

The harmonic rubber elastomoter has failed. There is a good explanation on the causes at www.fluidampr.com. I have replace 2 with Dayco/Powerbond # PB 1530N for 1989- 1993 Super Coupes. $110.99 at Rock Auto. Replace it now before serious damage to the engine.

Good Luck.

My sc has a vibration consistent with engine rpm no matter if I'm driving or in park or neutral. It's around 2000rpm -2300rpm, is the crank position sensor pickup mounted to the inner hub or outer, because the car still runs like a screamin demon just the vibration issue so if the pickup is on the outer hub then I know it hasn't spun because it still runs great. But if it's on the inner then it will still fire proper but be out of balance. If I look under the car with engine off looks like I can see some of the rubber strip missing and kinda poking out but can't really tell anyone had this problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-bz_oBuus

Back