rear window defroster

Ronald Wendt

Well the light on the panel switch lights up when I turn it on, but nothing happens back on the window. I have checked the grid on the window and cannot find any voids, the connections on each side of the grid are still on there tight.

Think there is a bad relay or something? If so, where would I find it? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ron Wendt
glxieman@yahoo.com

The relay is an integral part of the switch assembly on the dash. If the light below it turns amber when you press it, you should check to see that you have 12V at the connector on the rear window.
Its a bit of a pain to get to the switch, and you can really screw your dash up, or the A/C control, if you don't know how all the fasteners work and go together, so check the rear part first.

I checked, and there is no voltage back at the defroster grid. So can I assume I will need a whole new defroster switch?

More than likely.. You did say that the amber light comes on? Before I pulled it apart, I'd check the fuses under the dash.. just to be sure.

If you do need to pull it out, you'll need to take off almost every bit of plastic on the front of the dash. Let me know if you need the details.

Back