Teves II possible replacement

TbirdSCFan

I have finally run out of patience and luck keeping my 3 Teves equipped SCs running.. I've got 3 spares.. and 3 BAD pumps :( I have no idea how/why they went bad, but they fail to charge anymore.. motor just spins. Accums are good, pressure switch good, reservoir good, motors good.. but they won't pump any fluid. :confused:

Found this when researching tech info on how to fix my ABS pump! Don't know how many folks here have tried this part out, but if its a drop in replacement, or near drop in, it could solve a big problem we have..

Conventional brake unit

If this works I'd prefer it over trying to find lincoln parts from a junk yard.

They have a better unit that makes brake boost using the power steering pump with no electrical hookups; Heres a pretty good video from the same company. :cool:

ABS to Conventional Install Problem

I have a 92 SC with V8 and the cable under the original TEVES ABS (lying along the inner fender) prevents me from mounting the Rockauto 12" diameter Power Booster to the firewall properly. It's very stiff and can't seem to move it - how can I move it down enough to allow the Power unit to mount to the firewall? Or does a much smaller diameter power unit exist that would work? Chuck

Last edited:
Back