Not my car or add..1994 v8 Tbird CLEAN !

thunderbird sc

this is my car any questions please feel free to ask its got about 130k on it runs GREAT it is a sc 3.8 car but the car was special order for a retiring cop so they had it modded 4.6 p71 the works this car is a factory build i have the factory sticker that came with the car when new:cool:

this is my car any questions please feel free to ask its got about 130k on it runs GREAT it is a sc 3.8 car but the car was special order for a retiring cop so they had it modded 4.6 p71 the works this car is a factory build i have the factory sticker that came with the car when new:cool:

I am pretty much certain without seeing the car in person and simply viewing it on my computer that it is not a 3.8 SC car that had a drivetrain swap.

VIN Code would have a 64R

example - SC VIN 1FALP64R1TH151230

example - LX VIN 1FALP62W1TH151230

94-97 Thunderbirds came stock with the 4.6 V8 also so not sure how much other details you were told that might be incorrect. Your car simply looks like a LX with a body kit added for appearance.

Good luck with the sale.

-Tim

I am pretty much certain without seeing the car in person and simply viewing it on my computer that it is not a 3.8 SC car that had a drivetrain swap.

I'm pretty sure both posts are from the same person - who also that made up the kicker about a retired cop. Next we'll hear how that 'mint' SC is being subjected to a fire sale because someone's parrot needs an operation...

bird

ok checked it is a lx had the plain 3.8 in it according to the vin but factory ad ons according to the factory sticker is 4.6, option group 3 and 2 keyless ent. list goes on i got the factory sticker in front of me.. no both posts are NOT THE SAME PERSON..... i never knew of this group until my friend posted the thunder cluck here for sale for me my daughter calls it the thunder cluck but im personaly not a thunderbird guy im FOX BODY MUSTANG.. if your not interested or dont have questions please keep rude coments to yourself and thanks for info on the sc and lx didnt know that but i do know according to vin its a 3.8 and accroding to factory window skicker the 4.6 was put in it

I'm pretty sure both posts are from the same person - who also that made up the kicker about a retired cop. Next we'll hear how that 'mint' SC is being subjected to a fire sale because someone's parrot needs an operation...
i dont know why ur taking shots at me but i have never mislead anybody about anything here ever.if i offened you in some way plz pm me but dont go making me look like a phony or something. im one f the most strait up persons you can meet..always a man of my word.

VIN Code would have a 64R

example - SC VIN 1FALP64R1TH151230

example - LX VIN 1FALP62W1TH151230

94-97 Thunderbirds came stock with the 4.6 V8 also so not sure how much other details you were told that might be incorrect. Your car simply looks like a LX with a body kit added for appearance.

Good luck with the sale.

-Tim
the 3.8 was stock on the 94s but had the option of 4.6 from what i have read anyway

i think its an LX also. im shur it doesnt have the arc shocks and sc sized brakes..and if im correct only the 96-97's came with the J code for the sport brakes and suspension so that 94 LX has 4 wheel disc but the small ones.
still, i like the car if its rust free..color can be debated but egh, thats an easy sacrifice...

the 3.8 was stock on the 94s but had the option of 4.6 from what i have read anyway

Wasn't trying to do anything but be informative to help with the sale. The 64R in the VIN is the key and we'll there were several other differences that made an SC...well an SC.

Stuff like this happens rather often so not trying to call shots. One of the 94 SCs I purchased the owner tried telling me it was a special police interceptor with fancier braking than a standard bird. I nodded and smiled for I was aware he simply was uninformed.

Being a fox body guy, I'm sure you have knowledge that would be news to me as well.

Good luck with the sale.

-Tim

How is this car worth $3300? I see V8 LX cars in the Northwest - some with less than 100K go for $850-1200. What's the P71 all about?

thunder cluck

How is this car worth $3300? I see V8 LX cars in the Northwest - some with less than 100K go for $850-1200. What's the P71 all about?

p71 is police interceptor engine the car was appraised at 3500 because of the condition and factory add-ons.. the appraisal was done by a dealer

p71 is police interceptor engine the car was appraised at 3500 because of the condition and factory add-ons.. the appraisal was done by a dealer

I'm calling BS on all of this. I don't know if it's ignorance or intentional deception. There is nothing special about this car. Even if it was a "P71 engine" that makes no difference. That is a crown Vic designation, not thunderbird. Discussed ad nauseum over at the crown Vic forums. Also, that car is far from "clean". It's parked in a field covered in road salt and dirt.

Show your appraisal, window sticker.... He'll any documentation or take the BS elsewhere. And not to be an Internet tough guy but I'm really all set with frankenbird clogging up the forums with garbage. It's really dragging this place down. There, I said it.

sorry
i meant clean as in no rust. and maby the man was mislead and if hes unfamiliar with the car why wouldnt he take the guys word when he told him about it.
for what it is it is a nice car imo, i do think it is over priced but who knows, the rite buyer might come along and make him a good offer. i mean **** i offered him my car for his but he didnt take the deal, owell..cash is king now a days :{
and i think you are correct about the p71 thing. im pretty shur its a better brake and suspension package. the heads are still npi and if im correct the 94 4.6 has the cast manifold and rear throttlebody facing forward with a violin case shaped intake. which is the slowest 4.6 out them all. just a 96 style intake,Tbody and plenum gives it a nice upgrade.

Last edited:
and i think you are correct about the p71 thing. im pretty shur its a better brake and suspension package.

I think you missed what they are saying FrankenBird. What Tim and BudXR7 are saying is, P71 means nothing at all on a 94 Thunderbird. Its a Crown Vic production code meaning it has the police interceptor package. There were only 2 models of bird in 94, LX and SC. There was no way to get better "sport" suspension on a non SC bird in 94. SC's got SC springs and LX's got LX springs with no option for anything different. All thunderbirds with 4 wheel disk/ABS had the same setup regardless of trim level or engine in 94. So there was no upgraded brake option over the standard offered stuff either. Just disk and drum/conventional or 4 wheel disk/ABS. Someone may have installed "PI" engine components on it at some point in the last 20+ years, but it definitely didn't leave the factory that way. Not knocking the car or meaning offense in any way, but it looks like a regular V8 LX with an 89-93 SC rear bumper and Xenon skirts and valence.

Last edited:
sorry
which is the slowest 4.6 out them all. just a 96 style intake,Tbody and plenum gives it a nice upgrade.
.... lol this is anything but slow but reguardless may have been misled on engine ill run the numbers on the engine but the tb runs like a swiss watch and is wicked fast and ive driven and built my share of beasts from v8 fieros to mustangs but one thing this car is not is slow lol... ya my other half wouldnt do the swap because of the air bags gone to much of a liability on our end if a accident did happen tryed to talk her into it but she has final say on that one:mad::eek: shoot ill drop twins in this thing and maybe some nos just to see what it can handle lol got the set up to do it just fabing it in lol and weeeeeeeeee:D

1311481839935679845.jpg

View attachment 65309

For posterity. Is there something in the water in this town?

ya dirt road ice cream.. ive worked on cars for more years than i care to remember and raced with some real beaters done some real crazy mods ie turbo, sc many engines.. its just tear down and build up done it so many times can do it with eyes closed got the tools, shop, and years of training to do this stuff tell ya what bring your beast and ill break out my last build and you will want some of the water here but bring slips because i dont fire it up unless i see slips
lol built from the ground up 0-110 in around 11s give or take with 75 nos now it has 150 shot nos bring slips and ill run so yes its in the water NEED FOR SPEED LOL

lol built from the ground up 0-110 in around 11s give or take with 75 nos now it has 150 shot nos bring slips and ill run so yes its in the water NEED FOR SPEED LOL

0-110? Didn't know that was a thing. You chose "beware mustang" as your screen name, you're a FOX BODY MUSTANG guy, and you're really proud of your Camaro. Not one thing here makes any sense.

You and Frankenbird friends? Yeah I can see that. You know, he's got some sweet made in China ebay 42lb injectors you could slap on this thing. Only 5x what they cost on ebay! That would really wake it up ya know? Probably good for 0-110 in the three second range (give or take). How about a turbo for every cylinder?!? Slap the batman afterburner on it and you could probably put that thing in to orbit! Oh, just some fab work but the possibilities are limitless!

I'm done, I don't need to bash on you guys. You do a fine job of it yourselves.

Back