Lower Control Arm Bushing Video Stock versus Delrin

dthompson

My cousin and I put together this little video showing the difference between stock/poly bushings and delrin bushings at the LCA and Knuckle.

It pretty cool to see the suspension work.

Video FTW, thanks.

Notice any change in NVH yet?

I cant hear/feel the NVH over the exhaust. I really dont have many miles on these yet, maybe 10... but my initial impression is that it seems slightly bouncier now, and that may be because the bushing bind isnt there anymore. But I really need some stiffer shocks than the monroes anyways.

Well, of course there are reasons the factory went w/rubber, which are different from the reasons we want more control ;)

I'm surprised how much movement is still there with the Delrin bushings. I guess the deflection you still see is probably coming from the subframe mount bushings, cause there definitely isn't that much give in the Delrin.

I'm surprised how much movement is still there with the Delrin bushings. I guess the deflection you still see is probably coming from the subframe mount bushings, cause there definitely isn't that much give in the Delrin.

I thought the same thing after seeing the video, so I decided to make another video of the subframe mount while I still had the camera. Wow, there is a lot of movement there!!! :eek: I guess throwing another $350 dollars at it wont hurt anything ;) Maybe Jay will cut me a deal for all the advertising!!!

random question...

Do all years have a bump stop in the rear? The last two cars I had didn't have one...at least I didn't remember seeing them.

Back