fuel tank issue

ghostryder

I have a 90 SC finally finished it went to fill it up and it clicked off at 9 gallons kept trying to fill it and it kept clicking off. looked it was only half a tank. got it home and after about 5 min I noticed a wet spot under right side of car smelled it and it was gas. my driveway has a slight incline but fuel still shouldn't leak out. so I pulled it in garage dropped the tank and changed the o ring and lock ring also check for holes in top of tank and nothing. parked it back in driveway leaked again. anyway changed o ring and lock ring 3X still leaks.

can anyone help solve these tow issues I am having ! clicks off at half a tank and the leaking issue

thanks
Al.

My tank leaked at return line o ring only when running, had to carefully with hand snips cut hole under rear seat to observe leaking in action. New o rings on supply and return lines fixed fuel leak.

I've had the cross over hose at the top rear of the tank leak. I believe it operates on a siphon basis so if it's letting air into it then the other half of the tank may still be full but won't siphon over due to air getting into the hose. I've had both the hose split and had the clamps break. The gas would pool on top of the tank and run off when the car moves.

Back