PDA

View Full Version : Spring has finally sprung

ALS35
04-11-2016, 04:57 PM
It looks as if the nice weather is coming here and will hang around. I'm curious about projects that you guys are planning.
I have a list of my own so I will get this ball rolling.
AOD
1. Get transmission back to the shop for the shifting issue.
2. Replace exhaust system - headers to be installed and new from there back.
3. Mustang hub swap and cobra big brakes. Parts on hand - thanks Ed.
4. A bit of a blower upgrade that I'm hoping Dave Dalke will get done for this summer.
5. New drag wheels and tires. Couldn't find wheels for the T'bird bolt pattern to run the tires I want, hence the hub swap.
6. Roll fenders. (I have the tool now)

5 Speed
1. Adjust parking brake (again)
2. Roll fenders (tired of the tires hitting them, sounds awful).
3. Change exhaust system (swap over from AOD).
4. Cosmetics (rear bumper paint, trim paint).

All this and still work for a living.
Oh ... helping out other members with their stuff is a high priority for me. I just need to know so that I can do some planning.
Alan

Peterdroy66
04-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Al
Just finally completed reinstall Of dash cluster on 5spd car.
Did 3:27 swap last Dec, new rad and clutch.
Running very well, going to Dyno in etobicoke soon.
My "new" automatic 90' drives a lot smoother with less suspension noises, so it may be time to install ny NOS ARC shocks/struts and do some bushings as well.
90' auto also seems to handle very well, maybe better than the 5 spd car.
90' is pretty good but have laundry list of little fix ups required .
Last stereo installer made real nice crimp connections but did not do the switched power and constant 12v correctly, ~~~~ to resolve working with hands in the single din slot!

Pete

91bird
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Al, Pete,
Sounds like you guys have some good plans for the cars this year. Some more big steps for yours Al which is sounding real good man.
As for me, uh well not sure. First I need to get it E tested and plated for the year.
Then I may start on adding some of the pile of parts ive been collecting. May start with the exhaust that I have sitting in the garage. Then the aluminum rad, pullies and all that fun gear. iPick up the motor from Ryan and start the whole process of modding that. Not sure to what extent just yet. I am also hoping to get the KB2.2 on the car this year which will open up a whole pile of other things but that's the fun part. I will need a hood/trans/converter before that goes on but really looking forward to getting this whole process going.
Also trying to get the wiring done on my old 51 truck, its a lot harder than I thought it would be. Install the under bed gas tank, new bench seat finish the gages, all new rubber seals, electric wiper motor and boxes of other cool stuff.
I also want to get my son to the track a few times this year. He's obsessed with burnouts and racing lol ( mostly mustangs ) and noticed the slicks hanging up in the garage and asks me every other day when are we putting them on the old thunderbird lol.
Hope to see some of your cars out this year.
Drew

Peterdroy66
04-14-2016, 12:14 PM
So Drew, you are going to modify the white car?
There is something to be said to keeping a really clean one unmodified, atleast looking un mondified.

Pete

91bird
04-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Pete,
Unfortunately I only have room for one SC right now. Truck takes up the other garage space. I've enjoyed it in stock form for quite a while now so I'm ready to move on with some upgrades. But I have my goal for the car set and don't plan on going over it and keep it tasteful.

Drew

Shoe
04-21-2016, 09:47 PM
i'm working on finishing up my 95/97 front end conversion, install my lower springs,on my 92,i have installed my ripper shifter and made up a crazy stick and handle for it,plus,plus,plus

ALS35
08-06-2016, 01:02 PM
It looks as if the nice weather is coming here and will hang around. I'm curious about projects that you guys are planning.
I have a list of my own so I will get this ball rolling.
AOD
1. Get transmission back to the shop for the shifting issue.
2. Replace exhaust system - headers to be installed and new from there back.
3. Mustang hub swap and cobra big brakes. Parts on hand - thanks Ed.
4. A bit of a blower upgrade that I'm hoping Dave Dalke will get done for this summer.
5. New drag wheels and tires. Couldn't find wheels for the T'bird bolt pattern to run the tires I want, hence the hub swap.
6. Roll fenders. (I have the tool now)

5 Speed
1. Adjust parking brake (again)
2. Roll fenders (tired of the tires hitting them, sounds awful).
3. Change exhaust system (swap over from AOD).
4. Cosmetics (rear bumper paint, trim paint).

Alan

Just thought I would post a bit of an update on my stuff.
The AOD car:
The transmission is done and track tasted. Works great.
The exhaust is done and track tested. Works great.
The hub swap is still in the living room. Hope to get at it in a couple of weeks.
The blower upgrade is delayed a bit by Dave's schedule.
Wheels and tires are ordered so I should be able to track test them before the Shootout at the end of September.
May not have to roll the fenders. Decision to be made after I have the new wheels/tires(slicks).

The 5 speed car:
The park brake is adjusted again. Don't use it much anyway.
Don't need to roll the fenders. I changed off the wheels and tires that were on the car because the backside spacing of the wheels was so far wrong that the tires were contacting on all four corners. I put fresh tires on the ASA wheels that I already had and it is all good now.
The exhaust swap is done. The car runs and sounds better now. There were points on the exhaust I removed that I measured at less than 1.5". No small wonder the head gaskets failed. What I was told was a Borla muffler, wasn't. Just a cheap can.
The cosmetics can wait. The car is really fun to drive now.

Oh ya ... still working for a living, just busier at work.
Alan

Payton
08-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks again Alan for a thunderbird supercoupe delivery service provided.