anyone have true HID lights on their SC?

bigcletus94

Thinking about getting these. I have the 97' style head light housings right now with hyper-white bulbs but its not bright enough. Anybody have these? IF so which do you have? Also, have you ever gotten pulled over for them? HID4less.com says they are not DOT approved. Thanks!

I got them in my car but they are not perfect fit. for the9007 bulbs. I have an audi kit on mine that i customized to fit(please dont ask hoe its impossible to explain). if you get the 9007 kit you will loose your highbeams but they sure do look cool. you wont be able to get an inspection sticker unless you swap back to the old style when the time is due and then go back to the Hid.
Unless you have them shinning like Highbeams you should have no roblems with the cops there are so many cars that have them that is hard for the cops to distinguish wich ones come factory and which not.

Thanks for the reply. I assumed you used the Audi lens so you could have the projector style lens right? I won't ask you how to explain how you installed it, but could you tell me where you got your parts and how much$$$? Are they Audi A4 lenses or something like that? Thanks

It was easier than that. but the projector is a nice idea. no I
just took the bulbs and the hella ballast and made a mickey fit. nothing more. but you coud do the projector style. usually The A4 is the most popular one to use.

ebay for $150

Last edited:
Back