Boost Gauge at Idle

Djad35

I recently bought a 90 Anni SC 5 Speed. Boost gauge is reading 2 psi at idle.......is this normal? I believe this car has a hyper tech performance chip. Could that be causing this?

My other SC 90 SC Anni 5 Speed sits right at 0 on boost gauge at idle.

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere. I'm new to the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

I recently bought a 90 Anni SC 5 Speed. Boost gauge is reading 2 psi at idle.......is this normal? I believe this car has a hyper tech performance chip. Could that be causing this?

My other SC 90 SC Anni 5 Speed sits right at 0 on boost gauge at idle.

Josh

Both of those sound like defective instruments.

At idle, 12 ~ 18 would be more like it, depending on mods, condition of engine, etc. I see 14 " vacuum on my Anny at idle, in Drive.

So you think the gauge is bad? Car idles perfect but boost gauge is reading 2 psi and when revved high it maxes out to 15. Only has 27,000 miles on it.

There is no boost at idle. The gauge should show vacuum then. I'd look for another gauge.

needle position with engine off?

When the engine is off, what is the needle position on your gauge? It should be at the 12 o'clock position (0 on the gauge). If it's shifted left or right, you might get away with repositioning the needle. I had to do this on my car and now it reads vacuum and boost levels correctly.

Back