94 rough idle then dies.

Kodeman21

Looking for some ideas everyone. I have a 94 sc that while driving the other day just started to die if I was not pushing the gas. Ran the codes on the obd 1 and it came up with 126 and 181. Basically saying barometric pressure not in range. Tried replacing the IAC and spark plugs( cause they needed it and figures who knows). But still not doing anything. I did order a biometric pressure sensor but for the life of me could not figure out where the hell that sucker went. Think it was for s different engine even thought it said in autozone system it fit my car. Anyway anyone had this happen and have any ideas!?

Good evening

The Baro Pressure (code 126 BAO) sensor is located on the passenger side cowl closed to the air conditioner accumulator. Sometimes the BAO sensor mount bracket tab breaks the cowling and therefore the sensor may be resting against the firewall with the electrical connector attached. You can perform power and resistance with ohms meter and either Haynes or Chilton manual. If you the sensor is bad you can swap one out from a salvage yard 1989 - 1990 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor Thunderbird/Cougar Base or LX 3.8L engine. I would also check the code 181 right (passenger) side for

-Exhaust manifold cracks/leaks.
-Spark plugs and wires damage.

Check the harmonic balancer make sure it and the pulley is not "wobbling" (do search). Perform a fuel pressure test. You might have caught the potential fuel pump failure. If the fuel filter has not be changed lately now would be a good time.

Good evening

The Baro Pressure (code 126 BAO) sensor is located on the passenger side cowl closed to the air conditioner accumulator. Sometimes the BAO sensor mount bracket tab breaks the cowling and therefore the sensor may be resting against the firewall with the electrical connector attached. You can perform power and resistance with ohms meter and either Haynes or Chilton manual. If you the sensor is bad you can swap one out from a salvage yard 1989 - 1990 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor Thunderbird/Cougar Base or LX 3.8L engine. I would also check the code 181 right (passenger) side for

-Exhaust manifold cracks/leaks.
-Spark plugs and wires damage.

Check the harmonic balancer make sure it and the pulley is not "wobbling" (do search). Perform a fuel pressure test. You might have caught the potential fuel pump failure. If the fuel filter has not be changed lately now would be a good time.

I'm not seeing the sensor. Do you have a picture? I did find a plug from the harness by the accumulator that does not have anything attached to it. I can't help but think it's a intake manifold gasket but I don't wanna tear into it unless I'm sure. And if I can find this sensor maybe an easy fix.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 365
Back