727 HP Supercharged Mustangs...new for $40k

Installing that stage 2 supercharger kit will void the Ford factory warranty and the only warranty coverage you get from Roush is for the Roush supplied parts only.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2015-2016-Ford-Mustang-Supercharger-Phase-2-727-HP.html

The highest HP kit that Roush offers that still keeps the factory warranty if installed by an authorized dealer, is the phase 1 670 HP kit. The warranty is another $995 and can't be transferred if car is sold.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2015-mustang-supercharger.html

Here is the optional warranty info and requirements.

http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf/2015-Optional-Limited-Powertrain-Warranty-Upgrade-12-17-15.pdf

These kits have been around for a long time and from what I can tell are about the same performance level as the new Shelby Super Snake that was made from a Mustang GT instead of a GT500. I'd be more interested in the Stage 1 670 HP kit, with the optional 3 year warranty.

David

This isn't about which kit or what warranty - this is about a dealer w/decent priorities.

Adjusted for inflation, an SC would be approx. $45k today, and the SC then cost about twice as much per HP as this new supercharged Mustang.

Last edited:
The amount of performance you get even in a stock GT or Camaro SS (not just straight-line acceleration, but all around) is mind blowing. Over the last 6 years they have made huge leaps.

This isn't about which kit or what warranty - this is about a dealer w/decent priorities.

Adjusted for inflation, an SC would be approx. $45k today, and the SC then cost about twice as much per HP as this new supercharged Mustang.

It's comparing apples and oranges...it's just a stripped down Mustang 5.0 with a dealer install supercharger kit and no warranty. How is that decent priorities ?

David

How is that decent priorities ?

Not scalping customers just because you can, while offering a hellcat killer for a fraction of the price, that's how. Of course for some owners, bragging about taking it in the shorts on a set of wheels is why they drive onto the lot in the first place.

Hmmmmm, these guys are only around an hour from me. May have to ride over and check it out.

It's comparing apples and oranges...it's just a stripped down Mustang 5.0 with a dealer install supercharger kit and no warranty. How is that decent priorities ?

David

By modern standards the base GT may not be anything special but compared to a SC it is downright luxurious. Remember the old Fox 5.0 that started the whole Ford movement away from Chevy? The hot ticket was the coupe with manual Windows. My how perception changes over 20 years or so.

I can't say I'd worry much about a warranty in this case, but it seems that there is at least some coverage:

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 727 HP Mustang?
A. 3 year, 36,000 mile parts-only limited warranty.

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 670 HP Mustang?
A. 670 HP Phase 1 kit includes ROUSH’s 3 year, 36,000 mile Power Train Warranty as well. This gives you full coverage and the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, you are covered. both warranties are honored at any Ford dealer in the nation.

That's one heck of a deal in my book.

I can't say I'd worry much about a warranty in this case, but it seems that there is at least some coverage:

That's one heck of a deal in my book.

Rod,

The 3/36 warranty on the 727 HP kit, only covers the Roush supercharger kit parts...not the parts on the car. The only deal I'm seeing, is a very low installation price for the Roush kit. If they offered the same deal on the 670 HP stage 1 kit, and included the cost of the 3/36 optional full vehicle warranty.... that would be pretty sweet. I would also pay extra to get an automatic transmission.

David

Last edited:
Like I said on TBU, were I in the market, I'd be willing to overlook the warranty altogether. Whatever happens to be covered, I would consider as a perk. You're buying a brand new 10-second capable car for $40k.

So the way the dealer is making money is on not give the customer the incentives or rebates. Personally I'd wait till the Powertrain warranty expires and then and the kit, hate to get a Friday or Monday car and be SOL.

By modern standards the base GT may not be anything special but compared to a SC it is downright luxurious. Remember the old Fox 5.0 that started the whole Ford movement away from Chevy?

By "modern standards" many cars with car computer screens and good power are downright luxurious to an SC. Take an Infiniti G37 for example, that would blow the socks off a T-Bird. Bird is old car...

back on topic, I immediately thought of Roush when I read the title. The old Roush 427 Mustang was cool, but it lacked a screen as with that era of Mustangs. This does seem like a solid deal.

Can't wait for these rides to start hitting the strip - bound to be some interesting pairings, given the whole world's watch'n....

Supposedly the dealer has plenty of GTs, but Roush superchargers are back ordered. A wait seems like a small price to pay for bragging rights in any case.

Back