Tips on installing Tokico Shocks

SpartanRonB

About to order the Tokico adjustable shocks and was just wondering if anyone had installed them and had any tips for me. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that they have 5 settings and stock shocks had 2. What setting should I install these at? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Are you sure they have 5 settings?

What are the part numbers for them?

They may actually be the correct ones with 2 settings and installation is straightforward...put them in, attach the adjusters to the tops and go.

Last edited:
The tokico illumina's for our cars only have 2 settings, and they will work with the stock actuators. Installation is no different than any other shock.

Tokico Illumina Part #: EE3690 rear shocks shows 5 adjustable settings and fits 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe. If in fact it does have 5 like I'm seeing on multiple sites, any suggestion for installation?

Tokico Illumina Part #: EE3690 rear shocks shows 5 adjustable settings and fits 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe. If in fact it does have 5 like I'm seeing on multiple sites, any suggestion for installation?

Those sites have the '5 settings' thing wrong. They just copy info from each other, and that confusion has been noted here in the past.

EE3690s are the correct OEM type, 2 setting, direct replacements for the SC. Believe me, I know...I installed them on my '90 SC.

Those sites have the '5 settings' thing wrong. They just copy info from each other, and that confusion has been noted here in the past.

EE3690s are the correct OEM type, 2 setting, direct replacements for the SC. Believe me, I know...I installed them on my '90 SC.

PERFECT! Thanks. I was just trying to priceshop the ole internet for the best price on them. Now I can buy with confidence. Thanks a lot.

Word to the wise - all those sites list that part number, but 99% of them have no stock. These things are not easy to find.

Check w/victor spinningwheels-sc.com or supercoupeperformance.com

Last edited:
Word to the wise - all those sites list that part number, but 99% of them have no stock. These things are not easy to find.

Check w/victor spinningwheels-sc.com or supercoupeperformance.com

I found them at andysautosport.com for $141. As for Spinningwheels, I am disappointed with them right now. I ordered an all aluminum radiator and the OEM style one came. I called and left a voicemail. They called back the next day and left a voicemail that essentially was just they dropshipped it and don't know why they didn't send the aluminum one. I tried for 2 more days calling and can't get through. So, I just went ahead and installed it. So, not really in a mood to give them my business again just yet.

Shox.com had them last year. I paid $599.00 for a set of four. They were the OEM replacement two position valve jobbies. My SC handles REALLY well again.

Back