PDA

View Full Version : Du Quoin Street Machine Nationals

SC Freak
05-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Is anyone going to the Du Quoin Illinois Street Machine Nationals this year? I was thinking about going and if I do I would love to meet some of you guys. I would really like some Super Coupe friends in my life.

davec73
05-19-2016, 11:45 PM
I may go it depends if my car is done or not.

SC Freak
05-20-2016, 12:56 AM
I would probably leave my bird at home anyway....It's a work in progress (a very lengthy process, but I'm sure you know the drill). I would still like to meet some of the guys. I'm in the St.Louis area and the wife and I need to get away for a weekend sometime soon. I also have a Mark VIII that I may end up taking tho....

Kurt K
05-20-2016, 09:03 AM
I would probably leave my bird at home anyway....It's a work in progress (a very lengthy process, but I'm sure you know the drill). I would still like to meet some of the guys. I'm in the St.Louis area and the wife and I need to get away for a weekend sometime soon. I also have a Mark VIII that I may end up taking tho....
There are several of us in St Louis and we are long overdue for a dinner meet.

BLOWN38
05-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Link to show? Tim Groth and I were gonna make a run out there last year, but Miller got married the same weekend.

TSC89
05-20-2016, 10:14 AM
http://www.streetmachinenationals.net/StreetMachineNationalsDuQuoin

davec73
05-20-2016, 11:14 AM
I live 20 min from there but I hadn't registered because I didn't know if anyone would be going. If you guys are going I will.

SC Freak
05-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Barring an emergency, the wife and I will be going. Got reservations for a hotel in Pickneyville for Friday and Saturday. Should be a blast....never been to this event before. Let me know if anyone else is coming and if you want to meet up somewhere at the event or somewhere else nearby. I can pm anyone who is interested in meeting up my phone number and we'll go from there. Just let me know.

davec73
06-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure my car will be done next week so I am going to go ahead and register 99% chance I will be there.

kenewagner
06-03-2016, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure my car will be done next week so I am going to go ahead and register 99% chance I will be there.
Hows the car coming along? Got any pictures

Ken

SC Freak
06-03-2016, 10:29 PM

Sounds great Dave.....hopefully, we can meet up while there and maybe knock back a few if you wish, or just hang out in general. I haven't been a member here very long, but I've had my SC since 95 and I think it's about time to meet some of the folks that have love and appreciation for these cars. I was fortunate enough to meet Randy Hunkerkoch a couple of years ago when he sold me some parts. A very nice guy with a nice car that he was in the process of making some changes to.

I am in no way a SC "expert" even tho I've had the car for 20 years. I am still very much mystified when it comes to these cars. All I know is that I love the SC and want to learn more and that I have something in common with this community in general.

Tony

davec73
06-23-2016, 09:27 PM
I will be there for sure on Saturday possibly a little friday pm me if you want my contact info. Once you get into the fairgrounds calling is next to impossible.