1993 Super Coupe, mechanic's special

kid vishus

1993 Super Coupe, mechanics special
Automatic, fully loaded, every option available in 1993 (auto, leather interior, sunroof, fold down rear seat, keyless entry, etc)
Approximately 200-210K miles.
body fair, probably closer to pretty good; no significant dents but the clear coat is peeling off several places so the paint looks bad
Sunroof works and does not leak
battery less than 1 yr old
new ignition switch, new cam position sensor, new crank position sensor
less than 1000 miles on new brakes
tires fair
aftermarket aluminum radiator
5% OD jackshaft pulley
head gaskets replaced around 140k miles
exhaust manifolds were ported, ports in the heads were cleaned up
black leather interior;driver seat has one large tear, one bolster is coming unstitched, the rest of the interior is pretty good
fuel pump replaced a little over a year ago
harmonic balancer replaced less than a year ago
cold AC, everything in the system was replaced about 3 yrs ago
transmission was replaced less than a year ago, has new filter, seals, and fresh synthetic fluid

Now for the bad;
neither front seat will move
passenger window will not roll down
odometer stopped working at 133k miles
both valve covers leak
and most importantly, the car will not start and when it does run it intermittently shuts off. It might go 10 miles and shut off or it might go 1 mile. So far each time it has shut off it has restarted in less than 10 minutes.

Will need towed away as it currently will not start.

$900 firm
for another $100 I will throw in a brand new set of plug wires from SC Performance, new plugs, and SC sealing tape.
This car was my daily driver until it started the random shutting off issue.

096_zpsfvvzey9r.jpg

100_zpsupjhsvqq.jpg

099_zpsgtmcjhxk.jpg

Easy, I was born and raised half an hour from Iowa City, didnt move to NC until 2002, and still bleed black and gold. :D

Thanks.

I'm going to get it hauled to the shop and let them figure out what is wrong with it. I was going to buy a new car but that deal fell thru. So now the plan is to get this thing fixed, add to the sale price whatever it cost to fix it, and drive it until either someone buys it, or I find a salesman that is actually interested in selling a car at which point I will trade it in.

Thanks for the encouragement, but honestly, I have owned this car for probably 12 yrs and have spent so much on it trying to keep it reliable for my daily driver I am just burned out on it.
At this point I have so many projects that I already cant get to, the last thing I need is for my daily driver to also be a constant project in progress.
It needs to go to a home where someone already has a reliable DD and doesnt have literally 10 projects already cued up needing attention, and that wont mind a second car being slightly fussy.

It's temporarily on hold. I had it towed to a shop to get fixed.
Once I find out how much it will cost me to get it back, I will either adjust the price or post I am going to keep it awhile.

Back