Down-tube Drama (sorta)

smac

This is pretty far out, but how much of a royal pain in the butt would it be to bend catless down-tubes for manifolds from an 89 to fit manifolds from a 94? Doable? Machine/exhaust shop?

...man up and buy the right part?:mad::D

It isn't hard if you have a welder and some spare exhaust tubing. You aren't going to be able to heat it and bend it into the right shape without cutting and welding though.

The drivers side manifold are the same on all 89-95 SC's, it's the passenger side that's different on a 94/95. You could always install an 89-93 right side manifold on your 94................:(

The drivers side manifold are the same on all 89-95 SC's, it's the passenger side that's different on a 94/95. You could always install an 89-93 right side manifold on your 94................:(

Then you lose the performance advantage of the later manifolds, plus I think it would be quicker and easier to actually modify the downtube than to fight trying to get the exhaust manifold out.

I think by the time a shop made the pre-mades fit, they could just as easily make new ones.

Perhaps you can get something for them as part of a deal. In any case, I'd find a good shop (where making downtubes is cake) and ask them what they think.

The shop that installed my pre-mades said they could have one-stop made and installed as needed, for less than what I'd paid for the two-step process of buying shipped parts and then paying labor to hang them.

Last edited:
Back