PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Shootout Hotel Information

SCrazy
05-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Due to a fire at the Ramada Inn we were forced to move to a new hotel (Sheraton Four Points, Lexington). Info for the new hotel is on this link.

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

Thanks, David

{edited 083116}

BLOWN38
05-27-2016, 10:38 AM
The number to call would be 859-299-1261. The other line is the sales managers number.

pro street rich
06-04-2016, 12:51 PM
called and the guy was nice to work with. He got our rooms set up and was nice to work with.. So now everyone else get your rooms ready for the shoot out....Rich

Quik95SC
06-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Reservations have been made!

Mercutio
08-14-2016, 04:04 PM
FYI, I called to reserve a room today, and was told they only take reservations M-F before 2 pm. Weird.

dthompson
08-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Anyone else notice that hotels.com has room prices there for $59-$79? Is there anything special about reserving the room through the hotel under the shootout group?

neverfastenough
08-15-2016, 07:34 AM
I noticed the same. Only 69bux for a room on ramada's site, plus if you stay two nights you get 15% off.

Pat DiPersia
08-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Please hold off on booking. Let me speak with the hotel today and see what's up. Our banquet facility rental relies on the number of people that book under our group. So we need to resolve this. . .

Ira R.
08-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Anyone else notice that hotels.com has room prices there for $59-$79? Is there anything special about reserving the room through the hotel under the shootout group?

Those sites are showing that they are sold out for that weekend. Maybe it's because of the rooms they have reserved for us?

Nettlesd
08-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Tanya just called and was told to call back next week because their computers were down. Next week? I doubt a hotel could go all week without making reservations.

She then tried to book online and the site said it was all sold out.

Ira R.
08-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Tanya just called and was told to call back next week because their computers were down. Next week? I doubt a hotel could go all week without making reservations.

She then tried to book online and the site said it was all sold out.

Wonder what would happen if you called the nationwide 800 reservation number?

neverfastenough
08-15-2016, 08:04 PM
I think it's time we pick a real hotel. I spend 3 to 4 nights a week in a hotel for 40+ wks of the year. I never have the reservation confusion we have every year at the shootout. And I'm using corporate rates and group codes all the time... Has anyone been to this hotel, in person, recently?

Ira R.
08-15-2016, 08:34 PM
I think it's time we pick a real hotel. I spend 3 to 4 nights a week in a hotel for 40+ wks of the year. I never have the reservation confusion we have every year at the shootout. And I'm using corporate rates and group codes all the time... Has anyone been to this hotel, in person, recently?

I actually raised this issue in the past, several times. I also brought it up in the context of the whole package of hotel and food and I will say that the discussion that ensured revolved solely around the fact that we had so many younger car owners that we were hoping to increase attendance by keeping costs down.

I would argue now, as I did then, that this is an annual event and it isn't that difficult to put away $10 bucks a week for the year and have more than enough money to sleep well and eat good. I won't even bring up the subject of buying parts all year long but not being able to afford the hotel room.

Anyway, this probably isn't the place for this discussion. I don't want to change the subject so I am sorry I even added my comment. Priority #1 right now is to figure out why we can't all get reservations, which by the way, I too still haven't been able to get.

Pat DiPersia
08-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Here's the deal - hotel had a fire a few days ago. We just found out. This is why the price dropped (Because they can't provide certain services, etc.) The rooms are okay we're told, but the banquet center is not.

As this all came to a head today, we're still trying to figure out what the best plan of action is. The hotel will give us the lower rate, but they can't guarantee the banquet facility will be back together. Which means we A) have to cater it ourselves outside under a tent, B) find another facility that caters or C) move the catering (And possibly rooms) to another hotel.

Here's the deal on finding a hotel in the first place. First up, we have a month and a half (This time around.) Most places with a banquet hall are now booked.

Second, we have a lot of "requirements" for a hotel. Since most people want the car show, dyno and banquet at the hotel, we try to meet those requirements. Further, hotels in the past don't always want us back after they see us take over their entire parking lot (Leaving little to no room for other guests) and after we complain to them. The hotel last year told us they had to comp a Shootout member their room for the entire weekend because they complained the heater in the hot tub wasn't working and they made a big deal. I'm not going to bat for the hotel last year, but really? Way to get a hotel to want us back.

So our options get more and more limited each year. This is also why we looked at Ohio (And other locations.) But the majority wanted it to stay in Kentucky. We're more than happy to look at new hotels each year, but it has to check all of the boxes to keep most members happy. Beyond that, we don't want to get too far from the track.

If anyone (Especially from the area) knows of another hotel close to the track that will check all these boxes (Even if it means the hotel price goes up a little), let's hear it and I'll personally call and check things out.

davec73
08-15-2016, 09:04 PM
How about the Hampton in winchester?

David Neibert
08-15-2016, 10:10 PM
How about the Hampton in winchester?

They don't want us back and have even implemented a policy against booking groups like the Shootout.

David

dthompson
08-15-2016, 10:40 PM
Here's the deal - hotel had a fire a few days ago. We just found out. This is why the price dropped (Because they can't provide certain services, etc.) The rooms are okay we're told, but the banquet center is not.

As this all came to a head today, we're still trying to figure out what the best plan of action is. The hotel will give us the lower rate, but they can't guarantee the banquet facility will be back together. Which means we A) have to cater it ourselves outside under a tent, B) find another facility that caters or C) move the catering (And possibly rooms) to another hotel.

Here's the deal on finding a hotel in the first place. First up, we have a month and a half (This time around.) Most places with a banquet hall are now booked.

Second, we have a lot of "requirements" for a hotel. Since most people want the car show, dyno and banquet at the hotel, we try to meet those requirements. Further, hotels in the past don't always want us back after they see us take over their entire parking lot (Leaving little to no room for other guests) and after we complain to them. The hotel last year told us they had to comp a Shootout member their room for the entire weekend because they complained the heater in the hot tub wasn't working and they made a big deal. I'm not going to bat for the hotel last year, but really? Way to get a hotel to want us back.

So our options get more and more limited each year. This is also why we looked at Ohio (And other locations.) But the majority wanted it to stay in Kentucky. We're more than happy to look at new hotels each year, but it has to check all of the boxes to keep most members happy. Beyond that, we don't want to get too far from the track.

If anyone (Especially from the area) knows of another hotel close to the track that will check all these boxes (Even if it means the hotel price goes up a little), let's hear it and I'll personally call and check things out.

Im not sure my opinion is worth much, but here is my two cents... I found a couple of news clips online about the fire... .. I suspect this hotel is going to struggle to recover from the fire even though it didnt look that bad on the video. I hope this doesnt come across as snobby, but since this place doesnt look any nicer to me than the place we stayed last year (solely based on physical appearance in the fire videos), i doubt they are going to have the resources to completely clean everything up and get rid of the smoke smell. Id be in favor of finding another spot or even returning to last year's spot over staying in a place that smells bad (not saying it will, just my suspicion). As for meeting all the requirements in one spot, id be ok with splitting up/moving some of the events as necessary to make it all happen. I'll go along with whatever you guys decide.

If the banquet hall is a problem, maybe we could rent a large tent instead and have it set up on the hotel grounds (sort of like the small one last year?) Or that might be too expensive.

Thanks,
Derek

davec73
08-15-2016, 11:06 PM
They don't want us back and have even implemented a policy against booking groups like the Shootout.

David
Yeah that stinks

Ira R.
08-16-2016, 10:27 AM
This is not good. If the catering facility was destroyed and it is part of the main building then the entire place is going to smell like it. Ask anyone with any firefighting experience, or someone who has experienced a fire firsthand; that smell is not going away in a couple of weeks.

But finding a place to meet our specs on six weeks notice is not an easy task. We have to recognize that. I should think that at the very least the Ramada should be recommending other facilities to help us relocate. We should be treated like any other corporate account that is booking numerous rooms for a conference and this is a courtesy they should extend.

But fixing this is not going to be an easy task. And with everything that can and will go wrong here, it sounds to me is that they don't seem to be taking new reservations. So was the computer system messed up by the fire as well? Are our current reservations still in the system? How do people who haven't made a reservation get one? Will they honor any reservations that were made through an outside source? Too much to think about I'm afraid.

This is a mess folks and I wish I had an answer. Moving is obviously the first choice, but I suspect if the hotel isn't willing to work with us to do that we are definitely flying blind here. Pat, I wish I could help but there isn't much I can do that you aren't already doing I'm sure. Just try not to kill anybody as you wrangle your way through this. Or at least bury the body deep!!

Pat DiPersia
08-16-2016, 10:39 AM
So far the hotel is doing everything they can to help us. But they also can't make rooms appear either, especially if we're looking for a place with a lot of parking. We'll make it work, just going to take some time.

I have a feeling the "computer is down" is the excuse given. Maybe they are down. Maybe not. They probably aren't actively taking reservations until they figure things out a bit.

We'll keep everyone up-to-date, but for now, sit tight.

SCrazy
08-16-2016, 11:10 AM
I have been in contact with the general manager.

The fire was limited to the "banquet center" wing and they expect to be renting room again in a week or so. I have been told our rooms will be available.

They are working to help us find an alternate location for the banquet.

Last year's hotel is booked and besides everybody bitched about being there which is why we did not go back!!

Hampton in Winchester will not take us back

For now we are not planning on changing hotels but we are looking and we'll keep you updated.

Ira R.
08-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Guys, thank you for your efforts here. I am not trying to make things more difficult than they already are and I am certainly not going to second guess any decision you make. Brian, you know me better than that. You also know I tend to nit pick the details to make sure nothing has been missed, but this isn't the time.

I have full faith that you and Pat will make this work. Really. ;)

CMac89
08-16-2016, 11:43 AM
I have been in contact with the general manager.

The fire was limited to the "banquet center" wing and they expect to be renting room again in a week or so. I have been told our rooms will be available.

They are working to help us find an alternate location for the banquet.

Last year's hotel is booked and besides everybody bitched about being there which is why we did not go back!!

Hampton in Winchester will not take us back

For now we are not planning on changing hotels but we are looking and we'll keep you updated.

Glad you came back with this. I was just about to start digging into getting more context to what "it caught fire" really meant. Could be very minor, could have been major, and it's a bad thing to let a human use their own imagination for what it could have been.

I'd be cool with a simple outside event or something. Whatever works!

Side note: People need to stop complaining about anything and maintain a conciliatory attitude so we don't get rejected by places. I mean, it's a room with beds. We aren't at the shootout for hotel amenities anyways. The hotel last year I like a bunch, too.

neverfastenough
08-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Should an estimated head count be taken to confirm that all these efforts aren't wasted. I know in past years it's been stated that we've barely gotten enough people to cover expenses.

TSC89
08-16-2016, 12:34 PM
I was just able to verify the days off for the Shootout but I will hold off making reservations for now until I hear what happens.

DrFishbone
08-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Not cool. :(

We could all just stay at the Thornsberry Ranch! :D

David Neibert
08-16-2016, 02:51 PM
The Shootout is going to happen on the dates we posted. The only thing up in the air is the hotel, because of this fire. We expect to have this issue resolved within a couple days and will make an announcement at that time. Meanwhile don't bother calling this hotel to book a room, because we might not be staying there.

Thanks, David

Ira R.
08-16-2016, 03:33 PM
I was just able to verify the days off for the Shootout but I will hold off making reservations for now until I hear what happens.

Not allowed! The Shoot Out would not be the same if you stayed home. Seriously, you need to be there. Really. Otherwise I have no certainty that I will make it back home again :)

TSC89
08-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Not allowed! The Shoot Out would not be the same if you stayed home. Seriously, you need to be there. Really. Otherwise I have no certainty that I will make it back home again :)

Oh, I am coming to the Shootout. :D
I am just holding off on the hotel reservations for the moment until the hotel gets it's act together.

Ira R.
08-16-2016, 04:32 PM
Oh, I am coming to the Shootout. :D
I am just holding off on the hotel reservations for the moment until the hotel gets it's act together.

whew :o breath Ira breath.....

Nettlesd
08-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Yea, that would be a really weird one if Jim didn't make it. Ever since Jim came that first time (before time began) he has been a fixture at the Shootout working on people's cars or taking pictures.

Heck, it was Jim and Pro Street Rich that made sure Tanya and I got home last year.

Mercutio
08-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Like Ira, I want to thank the Shootout leadership for tackling what's now a more difficult job than usual. Wherever we end up, I'll be there--I come for the people, not the quality of the hotel.

davec73
08-16-2016, 08:09 PM
It will all work out! I'm pretty excited about this year as well I missed last year and I've done a ton of work to the car.

old_coot
08-17-2016, 01:21 AM
If it will help I can go physically check on the damage and check the level of odors......worst case as Matt suggested rent some tents and use my lawn....LOL....

SCrazy
08-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Should an estimated head count be taken to confirm that all these efforts aren't wasted. I know in past years it's been stated that we've barely gotten enough people to cover expenses.

That did happen in the past but we have a firm grip on our expenses now and the number of attendees has been pretty consistent for a number of years. We spend quite a bit of time massaging the budget each year and being certain that the fees cover all the costs.

the only way I think we could get into trouble financially is if we had literally a 50% drop in attendance in which case we would make adjustments at that time.

One thing that will have to happen this year is we will need more people to register in advance. Because so many people wanted to use a caterer rather than cooking ourselves we need to give a caterer a head count a few days in advance.....therefore walkin registrations may not be able to attend the banquet.

Are you hearing that a lot of folks wont be making it this year?

Ira R.
08-17-2016, 01:09 PM
That did happen in the past but we have a firm grip on our expenses now and the number of attendees has been pretty consistent for a number of years. We spend quite a bit of time massaging the budget each year and being certain that the fees cover all the costs.

the only way I think we could get into trouble financially is if we had literally a 50% drop in attendance in which case we would make adjustments at that time.

One thing that will have to happen this year is we will need more people to register in advance. Because so many people wanted to use a caterer rather than cooking ourselves we need to give a caterer a head count a few days in advance.....therefore walkin registrations may not be able to attend the banquet.

I just checked the web site and registration isn't opened yet. Without that there is noway to really know.

SCrazy
08-17-2016, 01:39 PM
I just checked the web site and registration isn't opened yet. Without that there is noway to really know.

Surprisingly registration was all set to open on Monday but we held of going live with the website to be certain a venue change didn't change our budget or registration fees.

neverfastenough
08-17-2016, 02:48 PM
I haven't heard anything, I can name a lot of people with sold cars, cars that don't run, and people that haven't been attending though. Plus there's always travel issues for some. I don't know if I'll have transportation down, and there's another event in interested in during the same time, so I'm 50/50.

SCrazy
08-17-2016, 03:58 PM
The hotel that burned has helped us locate another hotel and we are working to lock in a contract.

Room rates look like they are going to be $109 per night which includes two free breakfast vouchers per room per night. Additional breakfasts are $10.95 each (there is also a cracker barrel across the street)

The hotel has a banquet facility and will cater Saturday's banquet, all drinks (booze and soft drinks) will be via a cash bar. We cannot bring any food or drinks into the banquet hall. This is similar to the provisions at the other hotel.

Parking looks to be better than last year but not as good as the original hotel but not horrible.

As soon as all the details are locked in we'll let you know.

quick35th
08-18-2016, 12:18 AM
So most people are against having the car show/dyno at a nice local park?

Shane

Pat DiPersia
08-18-2016, 08:05 AM
So most people are against having the car show/dyno at a nice local park?

Shane

The preference is to have everything at the hotel so people can easily hit the restrooms, their hotel room, etc. That's what most people have said in the past and we even polled for that early this year. Only 14% of people preferred having the car show/dyno off the hotel grounds.

davec73
08-18-2016, 07:01 PM
I haven't heard anything, I can name a lot of people with sold cars, cars that don't run, and people that haven't been attending though. Plus there's always travel issues for some. I don't know if I'll have transportation down, and there's another event in interested in during the same time, so I'm 50/50.

You don't know if you can get a trailer lol. You always say you don't know if your coming, I really hope you make it this year man I will be there for sure.

neverfastenough
08-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Last year I bummed a trailer and tow vehicle, this year I my buddy has an event the same weekend I believe. We'll see. I could always drive it there on bigs and Littles :o

davec73
08-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Last year I bummed a trailer and tow vehicle, this year I my buddy has an event the same weekend I believe. We'll see. I could always drive it there on bigs and Littles :o
Oh I thought you had an f150. You should just go buy one lol.

neverfastenough
08-18-2016, 08:56 PM
My dad's, but it's getting old and more fragile. Im close to buying a new one.

dthompson
08-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh I thought you had an f150. You should just go buy one lol.

Yeah just go out and buy a tow vehicle like i did... I'd say all the cool kids are doing it, but i dont exactly fit into that category, lol. maybe next year i can afford the trailer :-)

davec73
08-18-2016, 09:20 PM
My dad's, but it's getting old and more fragile. Im close to buying a new one.
My 09 has over 200000 and it's pulling mine

Quik95SC
08-19-2016, 10:26 AM
My 09 has over 200000 and it's pulling mine

That's all! LOL My 01 Suburban has 245,000 miles and I plan on pulling my combo again!

That is a lot of miles for an 09 though wow!

Smitty

davec73
08-19-2016, 10:47 AM
That's all! LOL My 01 Suburban has 245,000 miles and I plan on pulling my combo again!

That is a lot of miles for an 09 though wow!

Smittyyeah that's all I could manage with it being an 09 lol

SCrazy
08-21-2016, 05:09 PM
The event has been moved and all the details are set.

We will now be at the Four Points Sheraton in Lexington, contact info is on the SC-Shootout website.

Those of you who have already made reservation at the old hotel, the reservations should have been transferred to the new location. I would call just to be sure though.

The room rate is $109, which includes 2 free breakfast buffets per room, additional breakfasts are $10.95.

The banquet will be in the hotel ballroom, catered by the hotel. We will need to get them a headcount in advance so be sure to register promptly so we have accurate numbers. It is possible that if you register at the event you may not be able to attend the banquet.

Pat....thanks for you efforts getting this change done...Pat did most of the work.

dthompson
08-21-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into organizing and dealing with situations like this one! Just booked my room and registered. :D

Pat DiPersia
08-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Those of you who have already made reservation at the old hotel, the reservations should have been transferred to the new location. I would call just to be sure though.

This MAY not have happened yet, fyi to those who did reserve at the old hotel.

Pat....thanks for you efforts getting this change done...Pat did most of the work.

Nonsense. Team effort. New hotel was VERY helpful and how about we just say Brian did plenty instead of trying to enjoy his vacation!

Jacob_Royer
08-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Just reserved our room! I will get registered as soon as I am 100% on who all is going.

For sure it will be me and Amanda full competition + dyno. My daughter might be coming too its up
in the air at the moment.

Jacob_Royer
08-22-2016, 03:00 AM
Hey you guys might want to post about registration being open over on the facebook group!

David Neibert
08-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Hey you guys might want to post about registration being open over on the facebook group!

I just finished posting about it on all the usual places, including about 6 groups on FB.

David

Mercutio
08-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Got my room.

TSC89
09-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Room reserved. :D

Countdown started.

BLOWN38
09-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Guess i need to call and see if they transfered my reservation.

Kurt K
09-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Guess i need to call and see if they transfered my reservation.I confirmed mine transferred. Although I never confirmed my original reservation was cancelled at the original hotel.

Pat DiPersia
09-07-2016, 11:36 AM
If you even THINK you're coming to the Shootout, book your hotel now. It can always be cancelled later. We will lose our block of rooms on 9/12; after this date, there is no guarantee you'll be able to book a room at the host hotel.

More info here - http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

Jacob_Royer
09-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered!!!!!! See you guys in a few weeks

CMac89
09-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Largest thread of the year so far! w00t!

Jacob_Royer
09-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Largest thread of the year so far! w00t!

Sadly things have been slow around here.. all the newbies are on FB this is the place for good information!