Problem after HG job??? need help please!!

1991tbirdsc

ok i replaced my hg's yesterday and made sure all vac lines were connected and that all the wires were where they supposed to be and everything was fine. car started right away. ok here is the problem the car runs perfect and idles better than ever but when i full throttle if for like a few seconds and then let off and slow down, when i try to take off slow or fast the car hesitates alot(i also hear a knockin or pingin sound when this is happening) and then the problem goes away and doesnt happen until i full trottle it again. so if u know what this could be please give me some ideas on what it could be. also i made sure the intercooler tubes were sealed right. also i know that one of the sc top bolts is stripped could this be the problem and if it is could it be heli-coiled? the car is a 91, auto, 65k miles on it

thanx in advance

Heli coil

I have had success with the heli coil and the supercharger top (exit) area bolt repairs!There is not alot of torque needed to hold the top down and make a proper seal!Good luck!

I think I'd be looking for vacuum leaks around the intercooler tubes or spark problems.

Mike O.

If the HG blew and sream come from the exhaust, the 02 sensor could have be damaged. I would check them out just to be sure

Back