few questions

gangaskan

i have a few questions mostly electrical :/ tried searching with no luck

wiper motor : when i turn on the wipers, they work, will not seat back down unless i time it, also there is no delay in the actuation in terms of the knob, its either "low" or "high" -- could this be the wiper relay? or something with the motor?

what wires do i probe for 12v on the antenna switch? it will not go up and down, antenna is presumed good

does the 89 have a provision for key fobs? i have acquired a kit for a mercury, but i dont see anywhere around the security module in the trunk where to plug in. i'm not even sure if its the right kit to begin with and quite possible that is for the cougar. if the 89 can handle it, what part number do i need? is there a harness change?

thanks!

Good morning

what wires do i probe for 12v on the antenna switch? it will not go up and down, antenna is presumed good

To check radio antenna switch you can:

- Jack and support the front.
- Remove the passenger front wheel, inner splash shield, plastic pins and insulation matting toward the bumper.
- Disconnect the two pin connector from the radio mass assembly (Red/Pink and Dark Green/Yellow).
- Turn key on. Have someone cycle switch while you check switch up/down power. If no defect(s) found replace power antenna assembly.

wiper motor : when i turn on the wipers, they work, will not seat back down unless i time it, also there is no delay in the actuation in terms of the knob, its either "low" or "high" -- could this be the wiper relay? or something with the motor?

Locate a Thunderbird Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual for your year car.

I recommend you check the following:

- Operate wipers in interval If problem exist clean Governor connector and reattempt. Located behind the left side of the instrument panel left side of the steering column. Suspect Interval Governor.

You can also check wiper motor/ connector for damage, rust, burning.

- Remove the windshield wiper arms.
- Remove the windshield screws and cowls and wiper nozzle hoses as necessary. Note: The corner cowls screws require a "star" driver. The driver side cowl next to the TEVES brake assembly has a "hidden" screw.
- Correct defects and or replace wiper motor.

Good Luck.

did some digging because my girlfriends dad was on the line and did about everything with the super-coupe, found his EVTM but those pages are missing :mad:

still have to look for the govener, havent had any time to play with it lately. my mustang is killing me :(

About the wipers not wanting to park...the culprit has often been the motor, where the parking trigger resides, I think. Might have to replace it.

As for the antenna, the radio antenna switch feed wire is yellow/black. Start by checking the connectors inside the radio bucket in the dash.

Fuse is #5, under the dash and feeds both the radio and the antenna, so if one of them works, the fuse is good, of course.

Back