Fuel Cell Options

fastsc92

I've reached the point in my project where the idea of a fuel system needs to ironed out fairly quickly. I'm in search of a fuel cell and to be honest, I'm not too educated on the benefits or drawbacks over one version of a cell and the next. My question is mainly focused around whether to go with a cell that has a rear sump w/ an external pump, or one that is internally baffled with an internal pump.

Most likely i'll go with an A1000 pump for either variant, -8 line to a y-block, dual -6 lines feeding each side of a billet fuel rails into an A1000 regulator then a -6 line back to the cell. I should note that this car will have zero life on the street and will spend its time running 1320'. 6-10 gallons is the capacity I'd be looking at with the capability to support +700hp and 70psi.

Aeromotive makes a cell "kit" with an internally mounted and baffled A1000 pump w/ a pre filter which appears very attractive. Price-point is on par with piecing a system together when you figure out all the bits needed (~$800). This variant does not contain a sump, which may make things easier and cleaner to mount.

So the question is: is a cell with a sump and external pump necessary or is a baffled cell w/ internal pump OK for a drag racing application?

here is what I got

I have a rear bottom sump and the pump is outside the tank. The tank does have a foam insert to keep the fuel from flying around. I got a 18 gal or so size in there right now. I do have a 5 gal cell that I don't need any more that is here if you want it for cheap... Just let me know if that would work for you.....Rich

Back