another bucking sc

ZOOMBUGGY3

whats up guys as some of u remember last week my sc was bucking now my brothers sc is bucking but his started 3 days ago and so i check it out and found one of the plug wires lose on the coil so i pushed it down and the ran goog 2 days later he is going to work and all of a sudden the car starts buckin very violently so he get out of work this morning and get in the car to come home and the car is fine.now about 3-4 days before all this happend he had the car detailed egine and all.im alittle lost on this one can any of u help me.

Pull the connectors off the coil pack, the DIS, and the cam sensor and blow them out with compressed air. I'd suspect moisture got into something when the engine was hosed down. Be sure to do the same with connectors bundled all around the supercharger.
BE GENTLE.. the plastic will have become brittle over the years and will crack if you so much as look at them wrong. And of course, all of them have the locking tabs so nothing's easy. As a hint, use some soft rubber bands around the connector body to help you get a grip on them.

If still a problem, you know where to look.. cam sensor.

i replaced the fuel filter when i did the tune-up but i will try blowing the compressed air in the electrical plugs if it dont solve it then i will change the cam sensor like u suggested

had this problem with my 89 SC

My 89 SC used to buck me all over the road some days, and then others it would drive like a dream. I found out that the knock sensor was shot, and it was intermittantly changing the timing when it felt like it.

I changed the sensor and it ran fine.

Hope this helps

Back