PDA

View Full Version : Going To The Track

ALS35
07-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Hey Guys;
I finally got through the transmission repair and the exhaust system change. Both turned out to be nightmarish.
I am going to Toronto Motorsports Park on Friday July 15. Test and tune from 7:00 pm 'til 11:00 pm.
The track prep there is questionable and it always seems disorganized but I have to see what the car will do with a properly shifting trans and a freer flowing exhaust.
The car runs noticeably cooler and feels stronger and the trans shifting also feel better but the track will tell the true story.
I plan to be there early enough to run when the track opens and maybe get in a few runs. Come out if you can or want to.
Hope to see some of you there.
Alan

91bird
07-12-2016, 02:39 AM
Good to hear the car is working good Al,
Gonna see if I can fit this in somehow. If not best of luck.

Drew

Payton
07-12-2016, 07:38 AM
You choose the hottest week of the year to test your car performance? Hopefully it cools off by Friday night. Unfortunstelly I am a slave of my work schedule, haven't got a chance to drive my car once yet:(
Good luck Al on Friday

ALS35
07-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Unfortunstelly I am a slave of my work schedule, haven't got a chance to drive my car once yet:(

I was going to ask you about that. It should be cooler by Friday. Rain on Thursday should was down some of the heat.
Alan

Payton
07-16-2016, 09:59 PM
And? How did your car do?

ALS35
07-18-2016, 11:30 AM
The car did really well. The transmission shifts perfectly and the exhaust flows and sounds great.
I was warned by Fast Ed that the track prep at TMP would be bad. He was right. It was non-existent. I guess they don't want to waste the money for the guys with the stock pick-up trucks and family sedans. Really, does a guy really need to go down the track more than once in a 2016 F-150?
I got in three runs then a guy broke. They were towing him off so I went to line up. The first bike down the track then crashed, badly. Fire trucks, ambulances, police. I was surprized and disappointed that there was no ambulance waiting on site.
That was it, track closed at 9:30 PM.
I did a 12.4 at 111 mph but the 60' was telling me that I was slipping, badly. I couldn't hook for less than a 1.9 60'. The car is definitely quicker, but the track prep wouldn't let me prove it.
I had a bit of fun though.
Alan