Stall speed of stock 95 4r70w?

SeafoodSC

Just what the topic says. I know its really tight, too tight for my taste. I'm gonna increase the stall speed when it comes time to pull the trans for a rebuild. Just wanna know what I've got now. Oh, for those who have gone with a new convertor, what stall did you go with and are you satisfied? Thanks.

What you want to do?

The stock stall is like 1500 or right around there. It really depends what your plans are for the car and what kind of cam you want to go with for the correct stall. I have a huge cam and like drag racing so I have a 10" 3200 stall and I love it. Around town is a nice cruise and it makes it easier to get the car going on the street if I ease into the throttle. If you want a good all around stall that will give you a good improvement look at about 2400 stall and keep it a 11" convertor. These cars are heavy and with the larger convertor it will help you get out of the hole better. I am tached up to 3000 rpm and on slicks so my 10" works good for me but on street tires there is no chance at launching the car like. Also, spend money on a good convertor, they have been known to give you .25 or more in the quarter. None of the off the shelf stuff like B&M.

Back