Ecu comparability

bt04250

So I'm pretty sure I'm buying a parts car. It was a running driving 94 auto. It now has a blown Trans. My currant car is a 95 manual. i think my ecu may be back. Will the auto one work enough to start and test drive car. I plan to replace with correct one if mine is bad just want to use as a test unit. Also my odometer needs gears to work. Can I just swap clusters or are they different between manual and autos. Thanks for the help.

I know how to fix the odometer but I figured if the one I have in the parts car is good and function why not use it. They are basically the same mileage. As for the ecu I know they are different do to the auto Trans and it being electronic I'm just hoping I can use it as a test unit.

The auto ECU should work to start the car, but it will have a check engine light and some drivability issues because it will be looking for a transmission that isn't there. The clusters are exactly the same, so you can just swap the whole cluster out, or what I find easier is to just pull the clear plastic cover off and pull the speedo unit out and swap that out.

but I figured if the one I have in the parts car is good and function why not use it.

Problem is that one is just as old and could fail next week - you'd be better off in the long run doing a new gear install so you only go into the dash once.

As for your ECU, do you happen to know it's part number/code?

Problem is that one is just as old and could fail next week - you'd be better off in the long run doing a new gear install so you only go into the dash once.

As for your ECU, do you happen to know it's part number/code?

Your prolly right about the gears. Just fix it once and be done. As for the ecu numbers I do not. I am supposed to pick up the parts car Thursday night

Back