Changing over to conventional brake system

Facesnatcher

My brakes have stopped working and instead of pay crazy amount of money to rebuild it, I would just like to switch systems over to conventional. My understanding is that I need a Master Cylinder from like a 93 CV and a Booster from a non-SC. My car is an '89 btw. All want is someone who has done this to verify that this information is correct before I spend the money on these 2 parts.

A master cylinder from a 93 Crown Vic Police package and a booster from a 89 lx is all you need. I have this in two of my cars with no problems, cost was less than two hundred for the parts and an afternoons work to install. You will have to bend the lines somewhat to match them to the ports on the new master cylinder. Use a tubing bender or just be careful doing it by hand so you don't kink the lines then be sure to adjust the linkage to the pedal.

Last edited:
I know a master mechanic and He is working on my XR7. He discovered this problem with my ABS motor...

IMG950755.jpg

He believes it is water, paint, oil and gunk from many years of use. He is cleaning it up... and believes it is fixable! Expect results in a week over the Eastern & Central PA Chapter of SCCoA.

Back