What would cause a....

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
Think the eec is the culprit or something else....no power to the fuel pump and no pulse to the injectors!

I have spark, and I hooked up a switch and power wire to run the fuel pump, so I have fuel and spark now...

The no injector pulse I found out recently, since it was still just cranking....

I'm gonna keep diagnosing the problem but if anyone has some insight i'd like to hear as well.

It sat since last June, when spring came around I started changing things like a slot maf, and quarter horse....

Checked the EEC ground near the battery?

Did you replace the center bolt in the main connector at the EEC?

Reset the impact switch in the trunk?

Did you paint either of the accessory brackets?

Did you check the ground from the pass. side motor mount over to the body?

But if you been doing mods since the last time it ran...could be hiding anywhere, so just do the basics. Run temporary grounds if you have to.

Maybe this no-start flow-chart can help: http://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/

Last edited:
I am no expert on these T-birds but in the Mustangs when the EEC won't fire the injectors most of the time it is because of a ground.

Good evening

For 1989 - 1990 Super Coupes check the engine harness ground on the back of the rear driver side cylinder head.

Good Luck.

I did replace both battery cables and ran the negative side to the bolt on the back of the altenator instead of to the block...Maybe that is my problem?

If you have the qh in the wrong mode or it lost the tune it will ceank forever
and never try to start. Remove the qh and try again

I took the qh out and put in my other chip i was using, same thing...It wouldn't make me lose injector pulse either way Jacob.

I did replace both battery cables and ran the negative side to the bolt on the back of the altenator instead of to the block...Maybe that is my problem?

Did you paint the bracket that holds the alternator?

What do you see if you check ohms from the alternator housing to the negative terminal on the battery?

It ended up being the 2 30a pink fuses in the main fuse box under the hood....one for the EEC and the other for the fuel pump :rolleyes:

They blew twice and found the culprit...

I had issues with my fuse box. To be safe you should give the connections a good inspection and make sure the connectors are not damaged.

Attachments

• IMG958236.jpg
    IMG958236.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 123
Some wires under the dash were touching, It must of happened when I disconnected the alarm last year....

Exactly!!!! And then to top it off, when I got power out of the eec, I went to start it and burned up the new slot maf and pigtail...must of wired it backwards with the power and ground together:mad:

Back