A few electrical gremlins

Roboplex

Now that we've got the major issues fixed on my T-Bird, the little things are starting to get more and more annoying.

First, I'm having issues with my power locks. They lock just fine, but when I try to unlock, it's like it tries but then gives up. Sometimes after a few tries it will push the lock up all the way, but usually it just fails. I heard it might be the actuator, but I made a video of what's going on so you can see for yourself.

Secondly, when I press on the left side of the drivers seat, I've been hearing a buzzing noise that I think might be the lumbar support motor going on. I don't feel any extra lumbar pressure when this happens, but it's annoying as hell. Whenever I go to get out of the car, or even when I go into a sharp turn when driving, I'm hit with this buzzing noise. I've added another video of that below.

Those are the only real issues I'm dealing with right now, and I'm just trying to get out the little kinks in the car right now, so I really appreciate your help.

Video of power locks: https://youtu.be/ZYUaCnHzHp4
Video of seat buzzing: https://youtu.be/TWQ0H-pCLWo

God Bless,
Joseph

Good afternoon

Slow door lock(s). Start with the switch first. Try locking/unlocking the door with the passenger side switch. It there is not problem get driver side switch from the salvage yard and swap it out. It been my experience to replace the door lock when it will not operate from both door sides.

Seat buzzing. Remove the seat and check the bottom seat power harness for damage. A Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual may useful at this time. The last time I had this problem the previous owner did a horrible repair.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Good afternoon

Slow door lock(s). Start with the switch first. Try locking/unlocking the door with the passenger side switch. It there is not problem get driver side switch from the salvage yard and swap it out. It been my experience to replace the door lock when it will not operate from both door sides.

Seat buzzing. Remove the seat and check the bottom seat power harness for damage. A Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual may useful at this time. The last time I had this problem the previous owner did a horrible repair.

Good Luck.

I do know that there is something wrong with the passenger side switches, only the window up button works at all on that side. So I can't really test it properly.

Back