what kind of chip...

FrankenBird

dso i just boght a superchips chip with the switch, the older one...when i went to take out my ecu i could instantly tell it had been out already. Now, this car has given me a few cool surprises already. anyways when i finally get done fishing the ecu down i find a chip plugged into the back and 2 wires running to a toggle switch in the glovebox..
what kind of chip could this be? the outside of the chip is the same color as the ecu and the side that plugs into the ecu is glossblack plastic. it has n letters or numbers. and it was installed and held in with red tape and even had a bag over the end of the ecu protecting it more.. flipping the switch i dont knowtice anything but with the chip unplugged the ar feels like a the typical 94 4.6l slug..when i plus it back in the car turns into a sports car..im now trying to decide if the new chip i got will perform as good as the one i currently have...should i just keep whats in there in there and only use my superchips once i get some engine performane parts and then get it cusom burned? thats another issue..where do i goto and contact about a custom tune...
i will get up pics of the chip in my ecu shortly.

Photos would really help. Most popular multi position chip is an F3 chip and they are used for custom tunes, usually on a car that has some mods that require retuning like larger injectors, or MAF. I would make the assumption that the car has a custom tune that is better than the canned Superchips tune.

David

are you the "Dave" the tuner dave? if so in a few months i will need a custom tune for my 94 lx...
again ille have pics up by days end, just busy helping my pops finish his new house.

newly acquired parts

I have almost all I need for my npi swap with a few performance parts. I'm getting giddy. I plan on going overboard with chrome paint, once it's all together and I it all the performance parts I need I think I will contact xr7dave in help with a tune..
If someone pms me their email I can send pics of the current unknown installed chip and my superchips chip I bought off a member. I cannot load pics from my phone and pc is long dead.
So plz forgive me as this is all typed with fat fingers on a tiny semismart phone keyboard. Thnx for ur patience.

Last edited:
Back