PDA

View Full Version : 95 5-speed...$1000

David R.
08-14-2016, 12:44 AM
Update: asking $1000. Will consider partial trades for performance parts, but cash is better.

I bought this recently because I wanted the transmission out of it for my 5-speed, but I got the car running and decided it was too nice to part out and junk. It has a Colorado salvage title because apparently someone backed into it in a parking lot. The previous owner put a lot of money into it but ended up giving up and letting it sit in his driveway. He put a new front bumper on, new clutch, and had it primered matte black. It runs a little rough but its getting better as I run it more (trying to get the bad gas out of the system. It pings under load which I assume is due to the bad gas in it, but could also be a sensor). The car only has 77k miles on it and the oil is water-free and shows no sign of head gasket failure symptoms. I ran it through all the gears and it shifts fine but the syncros seem to be on their way out. The power steering pump is junk and the primer paint job isn't perfect. It was originally a chameleon color w/o a sunroof. The seats are actually in pretty good shape. The brakes feel great and the body is very straight (including the bumper covers). The tires will probably need replaced if you were to drive it. The radiator leaks and will need patched, but I believe it is repairable.

Unfortunately I think the car is worth more in parts, I just don't have the time to do it and would rather see it go to someone who wants to bring a rare car back to life.

Kind of a shot-gun detailed ad, but theres a lot of car there particularly the motor, and everything needed to do a 5-speed swap with late-model gear ratios. I will consider parting the car, but figured I'd give someone a shot who wants the whole thing first.

David R.
08-14-2016, 12:46 AM

potshotscott
08-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Blown airbags in a parking lot? Either way it's 1 of 574. I imagine someone here will want it. If I didn't already have two birds and a wife who would say no I'd come get it on my next business trip to Denver.

David R.
08-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Yeah that's kinda what I thought. It looked like the airbags went off but I wasn't sure. Anyway whatever damage the front had has been fixed

Quik95SC
08-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Blown airbags in a parking lot? Either way it's 1 of 574. I imagine someone here will want it. If I didn't already have two birds and a wife who would say no I'd come get it on my next business trip to Denver.

According to my Marti Report I just received there actually 645 built in a 5 Spd for the 95 model year, not the original 574 that has been posted several times. Mine is posted in the Non-Tech forum in the sticky.

Still pretty rare with only 86 Chameleon ones.

Smitty

rickbtbird
08-16-2016, 05:44 PM
I would be worth more in parts.

plethaus
08-16-2016, 06:50 PM
I would be worth more in parts.

Well that's morbid. :p

Good luck with the sale, it's an extremely rare car and I think would be worth saving.

David R.
08-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys yeah I know that's why I hate to part it out. I don't really have the time anyway but it just seems like too good of a rare car to part out.

potshotscott
08-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Super old thread but do you still have this car?