Mods ? - specifically MAF

ChaseTruck754

I know the whole, "what mods to do" thing has been beaten into the ground, but I have kind of a new twist to the question. First off let me list my currnet mods (or what will be done very soon) and then I'll bring in the ?.
As of right now the motor ('90 auto - putting c6 in instead of the CRAP AOD) is sitting in the truck so I can make the new motor mounts (I moved it back 14" and down 4" - kinda mid engine-ish), and tie it into the roll cage, etc. (email me at SHartDP@aol.com if you want to see pics). Very soon though the engine will be pulled so I can get to work.
So far I am doing (or have) true dual exhaust (stock mustang tubular headers, 2.5" downpipes w/ H pipe, into 2.5" or 3" cats into 2.5 or 3" magnaflows or flowmasters), a k/n cone filter, P&P heads, hopefully a front mount IC (if I can ever find one at a reasonable price), and o-ringing the deck of the block.
I am not sure if I am going 5% or 10% on the SC pulley, and I am not sure if I should do MAF and EEC-tuner. My question is, does a larger MAF work right w/o using larger injectors or an EEC tuner? Knowing how the MAF read leads me to believe that I would have to re-tune the computer ot add larger injectiors for the MAF to function at it's highest potental. I think the reading of air that the compter gets w/ just an MAF would not work well. What is your guys opinion on this? Does anyone have only an MAF not and not a larger TB, EEC tuner or larger injectors to go w/ it? If so how does it work? Thanks. Steve

PS any other mods you guys can suggest would be great, but keep in mind I want to keep this thing pretty reliable (which is why I'm not getting into the internals too much), and on a budget.:D

If you go with a C&L meter, you can just get sample tubes to match your injectors. Cheap and easy.

Thanks - I didn't realise anyone offered different/interchangeable sampling tubes. Does anyone have a link to C&L's website? Steve

Back