Power/boost issue

bt04250

About a week ago I decided to upgrade my fuel pump to the 255lph. I knew I had a volume issue which is why I did the upgrade. At that point I also installed an adjustable regulator. When I removed the tank and pump I found the old sock had disintegrated. And completely clogged the old pump, surprised the car raj half as good as it did. It would fall on its face over 5-6 pounds of boost. After the pump regulator and filter it was like a new car again. 12-13 pounds of boost by 3-3500 rpm. That lasted about a week and now I'm back down again I changed the fuel filter again checked my fuel pressure which is still good. But I'm lucky to pull 10 psi by 4500 and definitely way less power than last week. Any input would be great.

Sounds like your supercharger belts are slipping badly. Did you set the fuel pressure to 39-40psi base pressure? It's never a good idea to use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but as long as you set the base pressure correctly it will be ok.

Yes I set it to 40
Car running vacuum line off. At idle with line on its about 32. As far as the belts go I can't remember if I changed them when I got the car last year. I. Do remember they where very tight but I guess change them out. I do not see any belt dust or ever hear or smell a belt slippage but I'm sure I could be missing it.

Okay. 2 brand new belts. I could barley get the s/c belt on it was so tight. It seems to be a little better but still not like it was last week. The roads are wet right now but when it dries I will try to and take a video or two of my guages so you all can see them and get a better idea. Any continued ideas are much appreciated.

Besides lower boost and less power than you had before, it sounds like it runs good. Unless your belts are just straight-up loose, it doesn't sound / look like they are slipping. If you think they may be, look at the tensioners' range of travel too.

Back