Weird problem with door locks and key less entry (vid inside)

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Ran into this problem the other day while at a drive through. Parked the car for a couple weeks and decided to drive it again today with a recharged battery since I had to disconnect it to stop the locks from working. The locks started actuating randomly on the pass door. Then on both doors. The issue is constant, sometimes pausing when the door lock switches are pushed but once the button is released the issue continues. The remote entry fob doesn't do anything ...you can tell its working (lights and horn still work) but does not have an effect on the locks. I have to manually push the locks down to lock the doors and open with the key.

Never seen this before in any of my previous sc's...but I'm starting to guess if the module went bad?

EDIT: this is on the teal 94...and you may have to crank up your volume to hear the lock actuators going.

Had this happen on my 95. The lock switch on the drivers side had one of the rivets that hold the contacts let go. It started shorting and caused it to lock and unlock in succession several times before getting stuck trying to lock or unlock. I had to pull the battery to make it stop. When I opened the switch it looked like the contact had been jumping around in there before it would stick in one position.

Back