94 SC , Starter Click..No turn....Read:O)

XxSlowpokexX

Hey all. So having a starter issue which is not the starter. Turn key it clicks....Put new starter in...Turn key it clicks...Occasionally it starts. If I jump solenoid it starts. I was thinking of checking voltage at clutch switch and then at starter solenoid. Should be 12v or higher correct? I'm thinking it just isn't getting enough juice to actually engage solenoid completely. Thoughts?

Oh it doesnt turn over unless I jump starter solenoid. No longer factory ECU its a megasquirt,,,,Ill check voltage this weekend. Just dont know if Im missing something as I wrote above

On my 95 i had a starter interupt thru an alarm system and that had a bad connection under the dash.

If it still has the spade connector on the solenoid ford had a tsb to install a new trigger wire with a ring terminal at the solenoid.

My 94 five speed has a problem that I havent looked into yet. But if i hold the key in the start ppssition and pump the clutch it will eventually crank the motor. you can hear it click each time i pump the clutch. But i think it is a battery cable or ground problem on this car. lights and stuff dim.

On my 95 i had a starter interupt thru an alarm system and that had a bad connection under the dash.

If it still has the spade connector on the solenoid ford had a tsb to install a new trigger wire with a ring terminal at the solenoid.

My 94 five speed has a problem that I havent looked into yet. But if i hold the key in the start ppssition and pump the clutch it will eventually crank the motor. you can hear it click each time i pump the clutch. But i think it is a battery cable or ground problem on this car. lights and stuff dim.

May be the clutch switch...I'm thinking it isn't letting enough volts through to fully engage solenoid.. Im looking into it next weekend.

I tried the starter shim on the 95, but like I said that wasn't it. I also got one of them solenoid heat shields they make for the f150's I think it was, and that didn't fix either.

Like you are thinking its prolly a wire issue.

I feel your pain, bro. My car is giving me all sorts of problems. Sounds like maybe a grounding problem.

Back