PDA

View Full Version : Need a couple items

mywhite89
09-01-2016, 11:24 AM
I have a 89 SC with 93+ front spindle upgraded

I need a good driver side front brake backing plate for. 93+ car.

I also need the driver side window guide that is inside the door panel. It guides the back side of the window as it comes down into the door. Common problem is that this piece rusts out and the bracket that attaches it to the door skin breaks off. I need one that is in nice condition and the rubber guide still in good shape.im assuming this piece may be the same for all years but I don't know for sure. I know 89-93 should be the same.***bought*. No longer needed

Appreciate what you can find and send me pictures if you want to confirm what I am asking for
Best bet is to just call me 260-341-2216, I don't get on here much anymore.

Chris

potshotscott
09-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Chris - I just picked up a 92 LX that has a rotten interior that I don't care about. I'm parting it for the engine/trans as the inside is already hashed. The window track you want should be totally intact. Pretty sure I think I know what you want but attaching an image to be certain. Pretty sure you want the rail highlighted in yellow. I'm post code 97401 if that helps you with the decision to buy or not to buy. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss more.

Elsyiana
09-01-2016, 12:13 PM
i took mine out due to it pulling the glass out of the clips every 2 weeks after 2 months its working fine without it

mywhite89
09-01-2016, 01:19 PM
i took mine out due to it pulling the glass out of the clips every 2 weeks after 2 months its working fine without it

It's probably rusted and squeezing your window. Now when you have your window is down and you shut your door it sounds like crap like mine did.

I found the window piece in the junkyard.

Still need a driver backing plate that's in good shape for 93+ spindle car. Hopefully a southern car that is rust free