m52r behind a 5 litre

good to doo

So I have the m52r sitting here, and lo and behold a 92 5litre sport shows up at our yard. So I got to thinkin, if I could bolt the trans up to 5litre it might be a cool car. I have all the pedals and stuff, cause I just scraped a 90 sc 5speed. Also hve the bumper covers and trunk lid from the 90sc, plus the side plastics. What you think. can it be done? Or am I just dreaming and stick with the 95sc that I already have. I know my way around these cars pretty good now. Thanks for your input.

It will bolt right up and work. You will need to either rebalance the flywheel to match the 50oz imbalance of the 5.0 instead of the neutral balance of the SC, or you will need to get a flywheel, starter, and clutch for a 5.0 5-speed F-150

So wait - does the AOD behind the 5.0 use the same bell housing as the 3.8? Or is that just for the manual trans? Are the bell housings removable?

I'm asking a ton of questions because I have a 92 LX with a 5.0 and it needs a transmission. Looking for options.

It will bolt right up and work. You will need to either rebalance the flywheel to match the 50oz imbalance of the 5.0 instead of the neutral balance of the SC, or you will need to get a flywheel, starter, and clutch for a 5.0 5-speed F-150

Thanks for the info. I can get this car for next to no $$$. So I think this just might keep me busy for a while.

I'm running an SC centerforce II on mine with no issues. Go for the swap! Its a totally different car with a stick!

I have this setup (5.0 V8 and M5R2) and documented the tradeoffs in my summary of the 3.8L -> 5.0 swap I did a few years ago.

1995 Ford F150 5.0 RWD manual was the right vehicle for the flywheel/starter/clutch and IIRC, the neutral SC flywheel I sold off pretty much paid for the flywheel+clutch.
This is IMO the right way to go for the cheapie route. If I was more of a baller, I would have gone for a neutral balanced 5.0 crank/stroker setup and then reused the neutrally balanced SC flywheel.

http://forums.tccoa.com/8-engine-5-...1995-3-8l-n-5-0-swap-diy-lessons-learned.html

-g

Back