XR7 for sale, $1400

T1Bird

5 spd., loaded, 3.8, supercharged, many new parts, decent shape. Not running. $1400. as is. (905)662-8608 Stoney Creek. (CCVYLP)
11-22-02hgt70-02.jpeg

Bruce,

Any idea why she's not running? Have you talked to the seller? If that picture hasn't been retouched, she looks like she's in pretty good shape. Ya gotta love the black cats!

Cheers,

Sean

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww mannnnnnnnn that is so so so sooooooooooooooooooo tempting...add another CAT to the pride.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Now if it wasn;t for that GD rebuilt tranny that was just put in the Taurus that is on my plastic.....

She does look in good shape. I wonder now that my parts car is gone, if I can park a car in my driveway, without getting sh!t from my mommy?

and if it wasn't a `back east' car ;) ;)

Mind you I can't afford it either.. be like $2000 with shipping, ect.. and i have enough problems and projects on my hands to last me a few more years :)

not sure guys just i still scan the adds everyday and that just popped up while i was looking
even thou i got my 90 mint sc now i still look thinking maybe i can help someone in the club find one

my grandpa works at the Toronto Auto auction here in milton hes retired from his other job and drives 4 days a week, he says very few fords go through but he said a SC came through on thursday in the High Performance class along with some porsches, 2 lotus's and some other ones, well anyway it was a 95, 5 speed with 48,000 kms on it it went for 16,800

give her a call find out, maybe you could get the guy down some $$$ pull the old well it needs this and this and thats gonna cost that much to fix
who knows maybe it needs a battery? lol youd be surprised at **** ive seen lady once brought a camery into my uncles shop said she wanted to sell it because it didnt sound like it was running right.. he checked the oil and it was on pure empty and there was a sludge type grit on the bottom of the dipstick
he asked her if she ever had her oil changed and she said whats that? he looked at how many kms were on it, it read over 45,000 kms lol

If the timing was better I'd most certainly persue it further.

Maybe Les can get a good deal out of this one, and make it worth his while.

....OR, Ryan can start stacking cars one on top of the other.:rolleyes:

id buy another one just for the hell of it but ive got 2 now and my lx.. well not a xr7 dont like the rear on them love the birds,,, there is also some nices ones on our club main board in the buy and sell too

Bill would you belive what i was looking at the car show?? A hoist. One of those that lifts enought o have another car under it. My dad was licking his chops at that. Too bad it was $8,000. Would fit like glove in the garage too.

I kept thinking about this XR7 while I was at dinner with friends tonight. The picture with that building in the background was familiar to me somehow... I just couldn't remember where it was - until tonight that is.

So... I went by there on my way home to see if I guessed right and sure enough, there was the XR7! It was after midnight so I didn't want to knock on any doors, but I DID make a quick once-around the car.

Basically, the rockers are rotted out but they sort of fixed the outside of them with what felt like fiberglass. The inner floor members of the rocker panel assemblies were completely gone where I reached under the car. Both rear fender lips have rot, and the paint is all bubbled up at least 12" long on both sides. Also, the front clip looked like it was sagging, but I don't know the Cougars all that well.

When you consider it doesn't run (and right away we're thinking head gaskets here), I can't see this worth the money their asking. And no, I didn't get the mileage... the tint was too dark to see the odometer.

Paul,

Thanks for sharing your findings.

Sounds like that prospective "diamond in the rough" is rather rough!

I was only giving it thought because I figured I have enough spare parts kicking around that I might be able to toss in a running motor fairly cheap.

Cheers,

Sean

Paul can you give me a call when you get a chance? It's to bad the body is in such rough shape or I would buy it and out it in my garage!!:D

It really is too bad about the body. I just assumed it must be in great shape because of the asking price with a blown motor. Geeze, the XR7 Ryan parted out was in better shape than this one!
Paul can you give me a call when you get a chance?
I will tonight Greg. I got your PM this morning!... y'know, the one you sent last Tuesday? :confused:

I drive down that street all the time and see it. It looks good from far away, but ya Paul is right about the body. I seen the guy outside after a year seeing it sitting there and asked him whats wrong. He has no clue what wrong with the motor. It just stoped on him one day. He says he didn t have the time to fix it. Which in that case made me think theres more to the motor. He also painted the car black him self. I looked under the hood and what a mess. Maybe it looks like that because it was sitting for a while. Also I could not see to well inside because he had used car parts in there. I told him I will give him 500 as is and he says no way 1500 is what he wants and keeps saying its rare. Also it does not have a moon roof. I told him later a will give you a 1000 and he still said no.

Back