PDA

View Full Version : You know you've hit rock bottom when....

Boostin89SC
09-11-2016, 05:06 PM
You know you've hit rock bottom when you are so desperate you setup a GOFUND-ME I don't know what else to do. I lost my job not too long ago then my wife lost her job. We have both just started new jobs but we are so behind on bills now that we might lose our house, wifes car, will most likely lose power/water(this Monday) and might be brought to court over a debt to our food vendor from our wedding(We set up a payment plan but now they decided to contact a lawyer to get the money now, ~~~) Ontop of all this, we still have a small roof leak and our tub won't drain(I have tried a few things to try to fix it).

My wife and I are now both looking for part time jobs even though we just started new jobs. We have also been selling stuff we don't need but now it's so bad my wife has her wedding dress and wedding band up for sale. I told her not to do this but eh, didn't work. Ugh, sorry everybody for the post but I needed to vent a little. I've been with this club since the start and because of my father I LOVE this place and all of the friends I have made over the years. So if any of you can send a prayer our way we would be very greatful ! If you would like to check out our GoFund-Me page here is the link... https://www.gofundme.com/23dfte8s?ssid=730870769&~~~=7 If this kind of thing is not allowed on here let me know and I will delete the link. I just don't know what else to do. This in NOT how we wanted to start our marriage.

Chris C.

89XR7TD
10-16-2016, 08:12 AM
So sorry about your luck Chris:(

Prayers sent and hope everything gets better quick for you 2!!!!

EdwardMayer
11-23-2016, 03:15 AM
It would be better if you and your wife also consult the lawyer and take their help. Lawyer may be able to convince them to give your some time. he may help you with the proceedings. You may dig out (http://fr.linkedin.com/in/bechara-tarabay-550b7929) the internet or social media to look out for the lawyers. Hope everything gets better soon!

Thomas A
11-29-2016, 08:16 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Total-Money-Makeover-Classic-Financial/dp/1595555277

Go rent this book from your local library and both you and your wife read it cover to cover. The principles in this book will change your life so that you never find yourself in this position again. I know it works becuase it has done wonders for my wife and I, and numerous other people that I personally know. Even better, if you and your wife promise to read it, I'll buy it for you. Just PM me your address.

Start by securing your "4 walls". Food (not eating out), Mortgage Payment, utilities, and basic transportation to and from work. Those should be your absolute priorities each month. Everything else can wait, esp. any credit cards, or other unsecured debt. Let the food vendor sue you if they have to; it will take months to reach a judgement, in which time you might be able to work it out with them as you get back on your feet. (have you sat down with them and attempted to work something out since this all happened?) If you have your "4 walls" in place, you can fight another day and keep going.

Thomas

Thomas A
01-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Hey Chris, how are you doing?