Quick question on TB

Matt_aka_Dale

SCCoA Member
Not sure if it is super important, but my current throttle body seems different. Different as in style and its bigger than stock. I measured OD at 80mm.

12824.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. It does look like a Professional Products throttle body. I have one on my daily driver. It works fine, and has for a few years. I think the measurement is supposed to be from the inside diameter, not the outside.

Yep, 75mm ID.

There have been machining problems with some, but if your car is running good, I wouldn't worry about it.

I used one for 4-5 years.

Might check to see if the inlet was opened up a little bit to make the TB to inlet transition a smooth one. I bought a car awhile back that someone just slapped the TB on there without doing anything to the inlet. :rolleyes:

Yep, 75mm ID.

There have been machining problems with some, but if your car is running good, I wouldn't worry about it.

I used one for 4-5 years.

Might check to see if the inlet was opened up a little bit to make the TB to inlet transition a smooth one. I bought a car awhile back that someone just slapped the TB on there without doing anything to the inlet. :rolleyes:

Despite me responding so late, whoever did this mod, did what you said. Just slapped it on. So I guess I should do something about that.

Despite me responding so late, whoever did this mod, did what you said. Just slapped it on. So I guess I should do something about that.

it took me about 2 hours with a Dremel and sanding drums. I used calipers to very wall thicknesses weren't compromise

Back