support for ic tube on alt bracket needed?

I am not using mine at the present time.It makes it easier to do work on the charger as it takes less time and does not alter anything as far as i can see.

no

yeah right, try and get it back ona nd you'll know that you dont need it! haha. mine bol is in my toolbox now...it makes ic sealing a lot easier in the future.

Cept that the weight of the intercooler and the load from the air pressure as it passes through it is now transferred to the collar nut joint and SC top. Might not be a problem over the short term, but leaving it unsupported could cause stress cracks in the SC top and result in leaks at the joints eventually. Sort of your call.

ic tube on alt bracket needed?

I cut the metal from the bottom of the hole to the edge, so all I need to do is loosen the bolt a little and lift up to remove it.

Go with vancouverBC's idea of slotting the IC hole. I would not put that kind of stress on the SC if I didn't have to.

As far as sealing things up, try Wynn's (tbird88) IC seals.
They make the job a no brainer and they are cheap.

Aaron

IC Support Bracket

Another advantage of making a slot out of the hole is if you get an raised SC top that changes the angle of the tube to the point that it changes the alignment of the tube at the IC. The slot will allow you to reposition the tube and still get the support whereas without slotting it, the bolt will not fit back on and that will allow to much vibration which makes the IC bolts or the spanner nut to work their way loose. And that will cause bad idle, detonation or other problems. Good Luck

Back