Spark plug wires...

DGernmann

I read all the posts about wires and such but still have questions.

I was looking through the ford Catalog and I think I found 9MM wires for the SC.

Should I get them or go with the Magnecores, I like the blue color better than the red..and I really don't want to spend $105 on 8.5mm magnecore wires, The color is not the big factor, I just want good wires for my SC. Is the Magnecores really worth it?

Thanks for the info.

ive had a few sets of wires.i liked the accell high temp wires myself.i ended up with magnacores after it was all said and done.heck the factory wires lasted me for years.the accells were like $80. they were nice and shiny black with cool writing on them.i agree...blue would look better than red,especially if they are less in$$$

I was wrong...

the 9mms will not fit according to Downs Ford, by me. Thats weird though coz I was looking through another site and they showed FRRP wires for the SC....

Looks like I am going to have to choke and get the magnecores...

I just trashed my Jacobs and...

bought me some Taylor wires. They are high heat and 8mm and have a bunch of colors to choose from and best of all they are only $50 from Summit. Yes, they are custom fit and work well.

where do you fellas get the magnecors? The only place I see them is the supercoupeperformance.com website, and they are a bit pricey.

Justin

Ive used taylors many times..Great wires..Hard to keep together..Outer jacket very soft..The accell high temps best Ive had for SC

There was a thread recently about the Magnecor's, here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12950&highlight=magnecor

Orange County Speed took my order on the phone that day and I had the wires on Friday. They were out of stock, so the wires were sent directly from Magnecor. Yep, got the $62.70 price, plus $10 shipping.

Let it be known that the box says 8mm, not 8.5mm like the Super Coupe Performance website says. These may not be the same wires, explaining the price difference. They do have different wires:

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/products.htm

If anyone has the Magnecor part # for those at SC Performance, we could compare. The box does specifically say it is for the 89-93 SC/89-90 XR7. Says number 6074. This is directly from Magnecor, so there's no one in the middle mis-labeling it. 8 vs. 8.5 doesn't matter to me, won't really affect my performance, I'm sure.

BTW, the wires I got are blue, not red, I'm guessing it's due to being a different model. They (Orange Co. Speed) were surprised at all the sudden SC wires being ordered, so I hope they didn't go up on the price now. Now, I just need time to get them on there. :rolleyes:

These are the one's I got:
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/7mm8mm.htm

Think there's a real difference in 8mm vs. 8.5 in a car that will be close to stock? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Jafo

Thanks for the good info. The ones on the Supercoupeperformance are the 8.5s you have the other ones that magnacor makes...... the 8mm. The believe the part number for the 8.5s are I think the Kv85.

Seems like ppl. are content on Taylor maybe I'll try them or the ones that you used.

I guess its a toss between:
Taylor, Accel, or the 8mm from Magnecor, I guess now the cheaper ones win..lol

Thanks for all the great info!!

Back