Please help with my issue/code

Cadilakis

Hey all I have a 1993 SC with a manual trans and 135k miles, sat in my brothers yard for about 6 years before i got it. Has a bad misfire and has a hard time idling. I changed the plugs, wires, coil, and cam sensor. I had it plugged in and the code came back as 216... Someone recently suggested ecm because the scanner wouldnt clear the code... I'm lost here.

This came up using the search function at the upper right part of our screen

216 C Coil 2 primary circuit failure (DIS)

It's the DIS Module

I only know of two ways to clear codes on EEC-IV. One is to disconnect the battery and let it sit for 30 minutes. The other is to pull the jumper wire (if you are using the blinking MIL method, it sounds like you're not) while it is outputting stored codes in KOEO. I have never tried the latter and I don't know if I would risk unplugging a code reader while its reading.

What did you come up with on your car? Just curious. I am having the same issues and have been for a year now. I just warranty swapped the coil pack. When I first put it on it seemed like the car was running on 4 cylinders, which is better than the 2 it was trying to run on before. Every once in a while the tach will jump up and the engine will try to smooth out for a split second. I'm going to have the ICM tested tomorrow. I will probably end up putting in a new cam sensor.....again.

What did you come up with on your car? Just curious. I am having the same issues and have been for a year now. I just warranty swapped the coil pack. When I first put it on it seemed like the car was running on 4 cylinders, which is better than the 2 it was trying to run on before. Every once in a while the tach will jump up and the engine will try to smooth out for a split second. I'm going to have the ICM tested tomorrow. I will probably end up putting in a new cam sensor.....again.[/QUOTE

I haven't figured it out yet, I'm still wondering if it's the ECM.. I don't wanna spend the money to get a new one if it isn't the problem tho

This car has been one of my least favorite vehicles to diagnose problems on. I'm not too keen on the DIS system. Too many variables.

This car has been one of my least favorite vehicles to diagnose problems on. I'm not too keen on the DIS system. Too many variables.

Ya, this car is definitely a giant pain in my ~~~.. I've done plugs, wires, maf, cam sensor, cleaned the throttle body, so it's gotta either be the dis or ECM.. I'm at my wit's end here

Good morning

Check the DIS. Use the engine no start troubleshoot http://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/. Start at N7.

Six years of inactivity might have introduce corrosion on other components such as:

- DIS ground bolt. One of the bolts is a ground. Refer: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?103607-DIS-mounting-question. Don't forget about the heat sink compound.

- Exposed DIS harness wires at the connectors. Check the small blade connector from the DIS to the main engine harness (top of supercharger "hat") missing and or damage.

- The coil pack connector. Check the DIS harness to coil pack connector pins for corrosion and or damage.

- As forum member KMT reminds us this car is heavy ground dependent and sensitive.

Good Luck

Good morning

Check the DIS. Use the engine no start troubleshoot http://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/. Start at N7.

Six years of inactivity might have introduce corrosion on other components such as:

- DIS ground bolt. One of the bolts is a ground. Refer: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?103607-DIS-mounting-question. Don't forget about the heat sink compound.

- Exposed DIS harness wires at the connectors. Check the small blade connector from the DIS to the main engine harness (top of supercharger "hat") missing and or damage.

- The coil pack connector. Check the DIS harness to coil pack connector pins for corrosion and or damage.

- As forum member KMT reminds us this car is heavy ground dependent and sensitive.

Good Luck

Thank you.. I'll have to try it!

Back