REMOTE Keyless Conversion Adapters

Peterdroy66

For myself primarily I am making proper printed circuit board adapters which will let you use a 93+ factory remote keyless module in a 89-92 keyless entry (no remote) car.

Not really for sale just yet, but once I go to PCB, there will be minimums and I will sell sets off for say $20 a pair.

Just checking to see if there is any interest.

PR

Got my boards

Ralph
I had 4 pairs of PCB's made.
Just wiring mine tonight will test tomorrow.
keep you posted.
Peter

Trunk

Creighton
Remote trunk release is present on the wireless remotes used 93+
As it stands there are outputs which I have NOT used.
By the time I were to complete it I will not need it, but I could use say the parking light output when Panic is pressed to trigger a heated seat - PREHEAT, but probably not this season!

Pete

Update

OK, so I had some mirroring confusion in my labelling on one of the adapters, have that sorted out and almost all working now.

Drivers door lock is not responding, passenger side does, and remote works.

so I have some head scratching to sort out and complete.

PR

Here it is.....

During the 1st plug in, my nose told me something was wrong.....
Trace blown on the drivers door relay output, corrected and locks function correctly.
Moving forward I will correct the silkscreen as the GREY connector board is all wrong/mirror image.
I will tweak some hole sizes and eliminate unused pads for clarity.
Add an indication of which way they plug in relative to the retainer on the car side connectors.

The only true functional thing I need left to resolve is that the illumination of the keypad, and courtesy lights inside the car are non functional.
(I have no intention of checking or using the auto-lock as my gear shift switch, and seat switch are not connected).

I will correct the boards and document all this and make a new set for my 90', and a set for my 92'.
This 1st set is kind of butchery soldering can do much better on a good bench with iron and wick.....

I need to find 2 more sets of 93+ keyless modules, wire/connector tails, and remote fobs.

PRkeyless PCB.jpg

Ralph
I had 4 pairs of PCB's made.
Just wiring mine tonight will test tomorrow.
keep you posted.
Peter

Just saw this.

Let me know the wiring changes; I can always follow an errata sheet of paper while soldering.

My paypal is paypal@philent.biz ... invoice me and I'll be glad to ship you funds, if they're still about $20

RwP

update

Creighton just PM me and do paypal

Ralph and others - keypad illumination and courtesy lights are not functional, I have to dig into this in more detail to figure out why, not sure that I have all the information I need so will take a long time!!
For now though lock/unlock/trunk release, and keypad functions are all fine.

PR

more info

Ralph/Creighton
I just found better clearer information on the 90' keyless wiring and signals/connectors in the big factory service manual.
Have not studied yet to clean up my last corrections but thought I would let you guys know.
Either of you have the factory maual with this information for 93?

Peter

Anymore?

I would love to get one if you still have some please! I have the keyless entry module, the remotes, and one of my cars has the door keypad. Is there anyway to get this to work on a car that doesn't have the keypad? Does anyone know if the wiring is still there at least? I know the module in the trunk is required just can't remember if the wiring is there for both.

Thanks!

Dan

Not there

Dan
Many years ago I looked at adding keyless to a non keyless car and it appeared back then that you really needed a major wiring harness change /addition.
Your better option would probably be to install an aftermarket system.
The adapters I created ONLY CONVERT wireless remotes from 93 and up to a car which has keyless already.
Pr

you guys ok

Am I holding you guys up with any information been so busy have not cleaned up diagrams
I need another module now that my 92' is on th reoad
PEte
r

Back