Warning light...

smac

So the seatbelt light came on and won't go off and I now bitterly hate the thing. I come with humility for guidance!

Just the light. Oddly enough, I only hear a chime like one in ten times when starting the vehicle. The only other time it when the fuel light (check gauge) comes on.

Good evening

I would check the following:

Below is assuming the problem is the driver side.

- The Shoulder Belt track for lack of lubrication. Use Lithium grease or equivalent. Connect Seat Belt. Cycle the Shoulder Belt (open and close the door). Does problem persist?

- Connect Seat Belt. Cycle the Shoulder Belt (open and close the door) and observe the fasten belt indicator light on the instrument cluster. Does the light momentarily dim and return to normal when the fully retracted to the "B" pillar?

- Inspect Ground G200 buss located in the passenger side kick panel. Remove ground bolt, clean buss and inspect structure area for corrosion. Does problem persist?

- The Passive Restraint Module (PRM) connectors. It is located in the trunk, driver side underneath the triangle cover. Disconnect, clean and re-install the PRM connectors. Check PRM connectors harness for kinks. You would need a Thunderbird Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual for specific pins to check. Might be best to swap out with a salvage yard unit. Do you still have the problem?

- Check the "B" pillar limit switch located behind driver side "B" pillar panel. Remove switch, inspect, clean and ohms check switch. Replace if required. With the "B" panel removed I would highly recommend you inspect the exposed track for damage (elongated holes). If any are found replace the Passive Belt track and motor assembly from the salvage yard before it breaks.

Good Luck.

Back