Warning on 10% pulley

plev72

Hey all, finally got my 10% pulley sorted. Unfortunately down here in AZ the best you can get from the pump is 91 octane. As a result, the computer was retarding the spark and I couldn't put the gas peddle down all the way. Well, found some racing fuel. So for only $3.99 a gallon (and I put in 4.5 gallons to top off my gas tank) I now have 93.5 octane gas... she MOVES ... pretty cool :) Guess I'll be running just over 100 at the track (the trick fuel is 101 unleaded) and have to make sure that I don't get gas prior to race day.

Anyway, just a suggestion that folks living in states were the gas is not spectacular might think about only going to a 5% pulley.
Paul

Oh yeah... totally stock 'cept single 3" mandrel bent and 10% pulley (I haven't even put on a performance air filter yet!) I was showing 14 pounds of boost on 93.5 octane

Last edited:
Have you put your car on a dyno yet ? you might want to get an idea of ur fuel mixture. I have a 94SC with a 5% pulley and i denonated all the way, but that was because of a faulty tps sensor.

No, haven't dynoed yet, wanna do a few more mods first, unfortunately I think it's started detonating again even running 93.5 octane... which it certainly shouldn't be doing. I'll have to get some checks done :(

Spark sensor might be activated by faulty sensor, such as tps, or other sensor that sends information about throttle speed and engine load.

Back