PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Thunderbird SC 5-speed (titanium/titanium) for sale in MD

MrFusion
11-29-2016, 01:43 AM
Hello,

Up for sale is a 1989 Thunderbird SC 5 speed with 125,000 miles in central Maryland, not far from DC. The color is titanium silver with titanium silver leather interior. I've owned the car since 1995 (2nd owner, I believe) and enjoyed it for many years. I was a member of the SCCoA in the early 2000's but not very active. The car runs but has been sitting for many years now with only periodic starting and fluid changes and occasional driving.

Car factory options:
- Auto on headlights/auto dim headlights.
- Moonroof.
- Keyless entry system.
- VMM.
- Leather interior.
- JBL stereo with optional CD player.

Notable features:
- Repainted in early 2000's with new roof molding and headlights.
- New windshield in early 2000's.
- Refinished OE wheels on Michelin Pilot Sports from early 2000's.
- Competition Limited headlight wiring harness.
- Interior redone with new carpet, headliner and leather seat covers in early 2000's
- B&M Ripper short throw shifter.
- Eibach lowering springs with Tokico Illumina II shocks.
- Polyurethane suspension bushings front and rear.
- Addco rear stabilizer bar (have brand new front not installed but will provide).
- Early production March aluminum underdrive pulleys (alternator, crank and water pump).
- Brass tank SC radiator rebuilt with a 3 row core.
- MN12 EEC Tuner (current program only turns cooling fan on at lower temps).
- Supercoupe Performance cold air intake box.
- New brakes (calipers, lines, pads, rotors) with Hawk performance carbon metallic pads front and rear.
- Aftermarket stereo and speakers (can provide original head unit with factory CD player and original speakers if desired).
- (1/5/17 update) Didn't mention before, but I also installed a 3.27:1 "pumpkin" many years ago along with a correct toothed speedometer gear. The bad news: I got ripped off on the pumpkin as I bought it on trust from someone on the SCCoA forums that claimed it was a Traction-Lok differential from an automatic SC. It is not a Trac-Lok and only an open diff, probably from a base Thunderbird or later LX. I installed it anyway for the lower (?) final gearing. I have the original pumpkin and will include that.

Known issues:
- Rear bumper paint damage due to a parking lot incident in mid 2000's.
- Side ground effects have some paint scratches due to car cover bungee cords scraping the paint.
- Driver side front ABS wheel sensor wire was severed. Have not replaced so the ABS light stays lit.
- Crack in driver's side portion of dash.
- Rear seat back stitching seams have torn.
- Michelin tires on it are old and probably will need replacing (not due to tread depth but dry rot/drying out) but are fine for driving.
- Power door lock interior switches do not work. I think this is due to an issue in the keyless entry module. Keyless entry works fine otherwise.
- (1/5/17 update) I just noticed the passenger side window won't roll down. Both passenger and driver window motors were replaced a few years back. The passenger window motor sounds like it runs but stutters/clicks and won't grip the window. Hopefully something simple to fix.
- A/C doesn't work. It is original R-12 and was never converted. I think a hose has a leak. I had the compressor and some hoses replaced in the early 2000's.

I am asking $3000 OBO. I must sell this car soon so make me an offer; all offers considered. Thanks for reading!

BirdofPrey97
12-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Why do these have to be so far away?.?.? GL with the sale!! Great looking Bird!

CaifanSC
12-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Nooo!

Any interior pix? Could you email to CaifanSC at g mail dot com. I'm located in Laurel.

So close to the holidays :(.

MrFusion
12-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the interest. I don't have interior pictures at the moment (should have taken some when I took the others) but I will get some posted this week. Thanks.

CaifanSC
12-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the interest. I don't have interior pictures at the moment (should have taken some when I took the others) but I will get some posted this week. Thanks.

Can you email me so I can have your contact info?

Thanks!

Suprkoop16
12-16-2016, 01:44 AM
I am very interested in the car. Please let me know if you still have it. I am in Mass and will definitely drive down to get it.

MrFusion
12-28-2016, 01:38 AM
Sorry for not checking the forum lately. The car is still for sale. One of these days I will post interior pictures as well...

Suprkoop16
12-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Sorry for not checking the forum lately. The car is still for sale. One of these days I will post interior pictures as well...

Hi....thanks for replying. My email is speakerdoctor@gmail.com. Please contact me directly . I live in Mass and have been searching for a Tbird sc to purchase with my 18 yr old son. I have a 1990 SC stereo show car and he wants to build an SC with me. I think yours is perfect for our needs. I'm looking forward to hearing from you....

MrFusion
01-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Some interior pictures.

The crack in the dash is visible above the steering wheel.

The seat backs split I think due to adding some extra foam when I re-did all of the leather seat covers. I don't remember the name of the company that made them, but I was part of a group buy from SCCoA in the early 2000's when the company first started making replacement/reproduction leather seat covers. This should be able to be re-stitched by an upholstery shop after taking the cover off.

The brake light is on due to the parking brake. ABS light is on due to the driver front wheel sensor cable being severed.

Thanks for viewing.

Skilokesta
01-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Is the the car still available?

99GSXR750
01-04-2017, 09:22 PM
How many miles are on the suspension components?
Thanks,
Mike

MrFusion
01-05-2017, 02:32 AM
How many miles are on the suspension components?
Thanks,
Mike

I would say less than 5,000 miles and maybe more like only a couple thousand. I didn't drive it much after I did a lot of restoration to it (including putting the shocks/springs/bushings/sway bar on) in the early 2000's. I had a short commute to my job so not much mileage was put on that way when I did drive it.

99GSXR750
01-05-2017, 12:24 PM
I would say less than 5,000 miles and maybe more like only a couple thousand. I didn't drive it much after I did a lot of restoration to it (including putting the shocks/springs/bushings/sway bar on) in the early 2000's. I had a short commute to my job so not much mileage was put on that way when I did drive it.

Is it still on the original clutch and was the trans ever rebuilt? Do any of the gears grind?

MrFusion
01-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Is it still on the original clutch and was the trans ever rebuilt? Do any of the gears grind?

The clutch was replaced and has 12,000 miles on the new one (Ford OEM replacement). The transmission was never rebuilt to my knowledge but shifts fine with no grinding. I never did any hard launches or otherwise abused the clutch and transmission.

gbautotech
01-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Is car still available and how do I contact you? My email is gbautotech76@gmail.com I am willing to give a deposit on contact! 336-987-Two296

MrFusion
01-10-2017, 02:28 AM
The car is still available and looking for a good home!

gbautotech
01-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Please call me! 336-668-1199 Work 336-987-2296 Cell Email gbautotech76@gmail.com Im ready to give deposit if car has no rust. I will have a transporter pick it up or I will come get with a Uhaul. As said if there is no rust I will buy car.

Koensig
01-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi,

I am also interested in your SC. Please email me at koensig @ gmail.com

I tried to PM you but the forum won't let me for some reason. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

lpfan
01-20-2017, 09:18 PM
Contact me 573-241-2595@

MrFusion
01-25-2017, 02:04 AM
The car has been sold. Thanks for the interest.

CaifanSC
01-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Damn and blast! Tax time didn't come soon enough...was hoping to keep this car in MD.

Hope the seller sticks around the site!

Koensig
01-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Damn and blast! Tax time didn't come soon enough...was hoping to keep this car in MD.

Hope the seller sticks around the site!

Hah! That's what I was waiting on too...

gbautotech
01-28-2017, 11:30 AM
I bought the car and brought it home to NC. I damaged a fuel line putting it on the trailer. I fixed that and started it up. I pulled the dip stick and wow! Soup. I changed the oil and pressure tested the engine. Everything seemed fine so I drove it home and on my way back to shop a rod bearing spun. I have pulled engine and have started to pull apart. She will be a screamer when I am done. Still in planning but it will have ARP head studs.

aasupercharged
03-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Hey just wondering is the super coupe still available?

ThunderSnake1
04-08-2017, 11:38 AM
is this still for sale