3 questions

Jeff

first of all i have a 1991 sc 5-speed

#1. When i'm in first and i start easy like normal everything is fine but when i hammer the pedal my car spins the tire's like i have no trackion. Is that normal, my tires are not bald so i don't know.

#2. When i'm drving, once and a while my RPM gauge will drop to zero then 2 seconds later it will jump back to normal, it usally doesn't effect the engine but sometimes the engine jolts and it feels like it is going to stall then after 2 sec it goes back to normal.

#3. What are the normal PSI in the cylinders i was told 100-140 i got a compression test done and he said my cylinders are running at 1- 60, 2-70, 3-75, 4-65, 5- 75, 6- 75. Is this bad, is my car running at half power???

Please when you answer remember i am a noob on these things so i don't understand the lingo so please talk like your talking to a 5 year old.

Thank so much

Jeff Gillard

Jeff said:
first of all i have a 1991 sc 5-speed

#1. When i'm in first and i start easy like normal everything is fine but when i hammer the pedal my car spins the tire's like i have no trackion. Is that normal, my tires are not bald so i don't know.

#2. When i'm drving, once and a while my RPM gauge will drop to zero then 2 seconds later it will jump back to normal, it usally doesn't effect the engine but sometimes the engine jolts and it feels like it is going to stall then after 2 sec it goes back to normal.

#3. What are the normal PSI in the cylinders i was told 100-140 i got a compression test done and he said my cylinders are running at 1- 60, 2-70, 3-75, 4-65, 5- 75, 6- 75. Is this bad, is my car running at half power???

Please when you answer remember i am a noob on these things so i don't understand the lingo so please talk like your talking to a 5 year old.

Thank so much

Jeff Gillard

I'm gonna go for questions #2 and #3. :D

#2: I don't really know what it is, but my '93 T-Bird 5.0 had that same problem. So it's more than likely a problem with something that they had in common. Not sure if that helped or confused you, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

#3: Sounds like your head gaskets could be blown, or you may need a ring job, or a rebuild. How many miles are on the car?

Rick

Back