PDA

View Full Version : SC show/diner meet

91bird
12-03-2016, 03:07 AM
Hey guys,
Gonna toos this out there to see if anyone would be interested. There is a great 50's style burger shop in Pickering down by the lake called Big M's.
Awesome food, small little take out diner that's been there for like 50 years. Anyway I know the owner pretty good and he used to have a car show every saturday but sorta stopped this year as the car club that used to organize it for him the guy got sick and couldnt do it any more. I was chatting with him today while I was getting a burger and he said that he still has a few shows during the summer but hosts it mostly for car clubs. He has a corvette club, mustang club and a few others. I asked him if he'd be interested hosting a Thunderbird show. Said he'd love to. So I was thinking if there was enough interest in putting something together for next year that would be cool. If we had enough cars we could do a whole little show/meet there, he has all the dj stuff that he brings out and does a spread in the local magazine with all the car pics from each show. I think it would be sweet if we had a bunch of our Bird's all lined up for a nice summer evening show and maybe even do a cruise if some guys wanted. Anyway no rush on it but if there is some interest in it I would work with the owner and set the date and all hat stuff. Just need the cars lol. I know some guys have moved on from their SC' to other cars but were all still the club so any car would be cool.

Drew

tbirdsc357
12-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Great idea Drew....I usually attend some of the local shows during the summer, this would be nice.

That said I don't believe we have anywhere close to the amount of cars that would be enough to call it a "thunderbird" show. might be ok if we jumped in with one of the other clubs. Its nice to have a variety of cars anyway. Thats why I like the queensway show at the canadian tire.....lots of variety.

lots of time left....keep us posted. Id come down for a drive.

91bird
12-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Hey Steve, Thanks for replying. Hope all is well with ya man.
I agree there is not much action around here now for whatever reason. But maybe with enough notice we could have a few cars dusted off and brought out.
I guess we will see if there is anyone else interested? We could try to jump in on another club might be worth a shot. I will chat with him more over the winter about it. I usually pop in for a burger when I visit my parents, they are just around the corner on the bay.

Drew

DOUG H
12-28-2016, 12:44 PM
I'd be in too, if you are able to put something together.
It would be nice to get one of them out for a highway run & to see some non local cars.
Hey Steve, Thanks for replying. Hope all is well with ya man.
I agree there is not much action around here now for whatever reason. But maybe with enough notice we could have a few cars dusted off and brought out.
I guess we will see if there is anyone else interested? We could try to jump in on another club might be worth a shot. I will chat with him more over the winter about it. I usually pop in for a burger when I visit my parents, they are just around the corner on the bay.

Drew

tbirdsc357
07-20-2017, 01:30 PM
whats the word drew.....

DOUG H
08-25-2017, 09:50 AM
whats the word drew.....

Any update or further interest ?