PDA

View Full Version : Got my Damage Estimates

NorthrnSCownr
12-21-2016, 04:10 PM
As some may recall months back a large woody perennial in the font yard decided to succumb to untimely air pressure and make an early donation of it's 21' gnarly branched top to the carbon cycle below. This happened to coincide with the Super Sexy Ravenous Corvette Eating SuperCoupe innocently yet stoically parked below, only to be boldly shaken off with a shrug (and some minor scratches and bruising) by the solid US Made Mid Nineties "REEL STEEL" FORD Badass; with a Cult following of mechanical geniuses and cool people with impeccable taste.

Insurance wanted two quotes and I was actually pretty surprised that they were within $30+ of each other. I'm not surprised by the cost estimates for the tree damage itself ($4900+), but while at the one shop I asked to get a quote for painting the two beloved SC bumpers. I was a bit surprised by that estimate however. I guess I hadn't contemplated a ball park of what it might be for just the bumpers, but since there is no damage to them, relative to all of the work and parts needed to fix the tree damage, the quote for the bumpers seemed high by comparison.

What do y'all think about the numbers in general? I'm only posting because I'm curious about other's thoughts and figured some readers might be interested in seeing the numbers.

bowez
12-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Seems high to me too, but I know a couple guys on this side of the state.

NorthrnSCownr
12-26-2016, 04:47 AM
Hey Bowez, good to see a fellow Arkansan. :cool: Thanks for the reply.