SC with cracked Head?

SCRat

So i had a very old friend call me up today and offer me his 95 Supercoupe. He bought it from a Ford guy 6 years ago and has drove it until 2 years ago then he parked it. He said he was driving back home and it got hot really quick. After he got it home he sent it to a trusted mechanic who put new head gaskets in it but said shortly after it lost compression. He thinks the head might of cracked.

So with that being said i've read that the 96-98 mustang heads will work but there are problems with the gaskets? Anybody have input on this? The car is 5 hours away so i can't just go look at it but he said i could have it if i wanted it so i figure why not. May go grab it in the spring.

So with that being said i've read that the 96-98 mustang heads will work but there are problems with the gaskets? Anybody have input on this? The car is 5 hours away so i can't just go look at it but he said i could have it if i wanted it so i figure why not. May go grab it in the spring.
There are a lot of spare SC engines and hence a lot of SC heads out there. If you don't abuse it or overdrive the boost too much, SC head gaskets usually hold up just fine. Someone here should have something. :cool:

SC heads do not crack in a fashion that will cause a loss of compression. Either the head gasket job was terribly botched, or you have piston damage. Chances are you need more than just a better head or headgasket.

Alright i guess i'll just trailer it back here in spring and pull the heads back off and see what happened.

Back