Exhaust crap

Matt_aka_Dale

SCCoA Member
What downtube size should I get?
I'm looking to replace the OE downtubes and cats with hi-flow downtubes and cats. There are two options from Super Coupe Performance: 2 1/4" or 2 1/2".

There is an aftermarket catback exhaust system on the vehicle already however I'm not sure who makes it.

Mandrel bent systems offer a couple sizes, 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 I believe, talk to Josh. Ava for early and late manifolds. Got a full exhaust from him. Nice stuff.

Adam

Mandrel bent systems offer a couple sizes, 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 I believe, talk to Josh. Ava for early and late manifolds. Got a full exhaust from him. Nice stuff.

Adam

I'm not trying steer business away from mandrel bends. The product is beautiful, fairly priced and Josh is a standup guy. I just want to throw caution to the wind that at least on the early style (wide tank) system it will not fit with out modification. Even with the heat shield removed it is not possible. I'll second what aroot has said, talk to Josh first. If all you need is down pipes and your cat back is adequate it should be a straight forward.l upgrade.

The tubes are really just for if the OE cats are where my exhaust leak is coming from, but i'm sure its just leaking from the flange area.

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/
305-378-9337
info@mandrelexhaustsystems.com

I had an idea as to what I wanted for my tbird I use in lemons track racing w/ a 5.0 (2.25" -> Y -> 3" single pipe out back). Josh helped me spec out all the necessary bits, gave suggestions, and sold me all the pieces I needed for a reasonable pricing (cheaper than what I could do pricing the bits from summit).
Despite shipping from FL to CA, shipping was reasonable as well.
-g

If you going to spend the money go with the 2.5" diameter upgrade, no sense in staying with the stock 2.25" diameter.

Back